Hi,
    is there a way I can find out what's affecting my high data usage (what I believe is high) even when I'm barely using the phone.

I'm on Sprint, and there are days when I see an 80 or 90 mb change in data usage, which seems awfully high to me, considering that I hardly use the internet.

We have family over, and I'm suspecting that one of the teens may be using my phone. I asked everyone--nobody admits to using it.

On the days I notice the usage spikes, I check the history of my browser--nothing aside from the websites I visited. I also tried checking the event log-- most of it is gibberish to me, and I don't even know if that can help me, as in can I see browsing history there even if somebody deletes it.

I do have my gmail set up on the phone, but I don't know if that's enough to eat up that much data usage.

Do you have any suggestions for checking whether or not somebody is using my phone and what they're doing to rack up 80-90mb a day?
    01-06-10 03:23 AM
    Uhh, ok. I'm a HEAVY BB user and I even right now..at the END of my bill cycle, I've only used 100MB of my plan. Unless u were streaming music 24/7 you couldn't reach that amnt of usage in a day. Your kids are sucking up data somewhere cause it sure isn't your BB. Nothing on your BB could suck that up, it sure as heck isn't the crappy browser lol.
    01-06-10 04:09 AM
    Hey, me too, I use it around 6 hours a day and I get 150mb-200mb a month. Maybe try downloading the app. Minimoni, which shows how many mb you have used this month. Maybe its a problem on your carriers side. Compare your bill and minimonitor

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 05:47 AM
    I don't think MiniMoni works on CDMA.
    01-06-10 06:14 AM
    Could it be streaming, like Pandora? I do a lot of streaming and average about 2-4 GB a month on my 8330. Sounds crazy, but streaming audio really using a lot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 08:27 AM
    Sounds like a streaming issue....check all of your apps
    01-06-10 12:14 PM
    Thanks for you input.

Based on what everyone has said so far, it must be streaming--either audio or video.
    So far, in this month's cycle, there's over a GB of data usage. And the cycle is not over!

I'd like to pinpoint what this "anonymous" user is doing--when I see what it is, I'll know who's using the phone and I'll be able to confront him/her without a blanket accusation (and with proof too).

I'll try checking the apps (hopefully I won't miss something, as I am really an underserving BB owner--I only use a fraction of available stuff and I know very little about the rest)

In the meantime, if somebody can suggest a faster or a dumbed-down way of checking, please tell me.
    01-06-10 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD