Is there a difference in using the alt+shift+del method rather than doing a battery pull? Does it accomplish the same thing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 12:03 PM
    I'm told that a battery pull is a hard(ware) reset and alt+shift+del is a soft(ware)reset (ALT-Shift-Del).
    11-04-09 12:13 PM
    Some say you can also do a double alt+shift-del to do a more complete reset. After the first reset, wait for the white screen to come up, then do it again.

You can also install an app called QuickPull, which is a very small application that simulates a battery pull. It can also be set to rest your BB at a certain time daily.
    11-04-09 12:33 PM
    I always to the keyboard reset, i remember back to the old brick nokia 6100 days, and if you removed the battery cover too much it got loose. thats why i use the soft reset. seems to work just fine.
    11-04-09 01:10 PM
    The one reset alt,r shift ,delete will free up memory… but if your berry is acting up I would pull the battery.
    11-04-09 01:27 PM
    QuickPull is probably the best bet. I got worried about damaging the battery or connectors by doing battery pulls. Between that and my charging dock I'm set now, no worries about anything breaking..well..apart from that pesky trackball.
    11-04-09 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD