I downloaded and installed the desktop software on my laptop which has vista on it. for some reason, after installation, there is no icon created on the desktop. anyways i found the folder and double clicked rimdevicemanager.exe but its not running. whats wrong?

if i double click loader.exe, a screen pops up asking me to identify the port on which BB is connected. and the check box for auto detection is dead.

have i done something wrong?
    03-23-09 12:57 AM
    which version of dm did you dl?
    03-23-09 01:00 AM
    Go to Control Panel Add/Remove Program and click on the Blackberry software. It will bring up the properties, or you can right click on it? To bring up the properties to try to determine the .exe file that runs DM and thus where to copy the icon from.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 01:12 AM
    its 4.2.2.

and there is "properties" when i right click on BB software in control panel. I uninstalled the entire software and installed it again but its the same.....not working.
    Last edited by Curvy_8320; 03-23-09 at 05:09 AM.
    03-23-09 05:04 AM
    If memory serves, Desktop Manager 4.2 is not supported under Vista. I suggest that you remove this program from your PC and download version 4.6 with no media manager from here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22.

Once you have nstalled this newer version of the software, I belive that it will work as advertised.
    03-23-09 05:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD