I'm asking this here because I have seen alot of posts from 8330 users about how they have upgraded to X phone, hated it, and now they're back on the 8330. I have Alltel/VZW and they told me that I can upgrade early if I go to a VZW plan and device. I want a BB and I've been thinking about getting a Tour or an 8530. I'm considering the 8530 because I really want a touchpad. I have also considered waiting for the Tour 2, or whatever it is, but I dont wanna get a new phone and it be garbage, or wait til the bugs are figured out.

So, thoughts?

Thanks,
    Frankie
    04-03-10 02:25 AM
    do they offer the Bold ? Everything I read is, that is the one to beat.
    04-03-10 03:31 PM
    do they offer the Bold ? Everything I read is, that is the one to beat.
    No they dont. A friend of mine knows a girl that works for AT&T (they sell the Bold) and she told him there have been a few of the 9700's catching on fire due to RIM using a different processor manufacturer. I'm not stating this as fact since I havent read anything about it. I'm just repeating what I heard lol

Heres another thing I was thinking. Is the Tour, Storm 2, or Curve 8530 worth an extra $25/month? Right now I pay $135/month (before taxes) for 2 Blackberries with 500 anytime minutes, unlimited calling to 10 people, unlimited data, and unlimited SMS/MMS messaging. If I upgrade, I will have to change from an Alltel plan to a VZW plan and I will pay $160/month (before taxes).
    04-03-10 03:56 PM
    I went from a 8330 to a 9630. The Curve 2 feels cheaper than the 8330, but does have the track pad. 9630 feels better but doesn't have your track pad.

Tour 2 is supposed to but like was posted may be buggy on first gen hardware.

My opinion is that the Tour is in mid-life and still gets hardware and software engineering focus, and by now should be bug free.

Plus a track ball only costs $10 to replace if it ever failed - my 8330 was a mid-life build and hasn't had a single problem.
    04-03-10 06:04 PM
    Bad thing about the Tour and trackballs is that you need to open the case to change the trackball. This voids the warranty.
    04-03-10 06:28 PM
    my sis has the new curve wit the track pad. i hav the 8320...honestly i prefer the trackball than the trackpad.
    and everyone says the new bold 9700 is it. ofcourse its still relatively new so could hav some bugs/issues. if u'r willin to wait it out. i would say jus wait till the 9700 gets sorted then get one.
    04-04-10 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD