1. What's with the loose/squeaky underside where the magnet is (the rectangular part with the carrier logo)? It moves around and feels like it could come off... it is the same on the sides, it's kinda squeaky when u press the sides, not too solid.

2. What's with the vibrate function? I set it up to vibrate and I always miss my calls and never feel it vibrating like it is supposed to.

3. What's with the space button??????? this part annoys me most, the right side of the bar does not click when u press down, so whenever i press it, it does space twice.

4. Lastly, i can't change the ring/vibrate settings for when it is stored away in my leather pouch. how do i do this??

Help!!! someone let me know if these things are normal; let me know if i should return it to get a new one or something.

Are these things normal???
    08-24-08 09:50 PM
    08-24-08 09:59 PM
    Hello and welcome!

Did you buy a refurb or one off ebay? I don't have those problems, and I bought mine brand new.
    08-24-08 10:02 PM
    I bought it brand new off the AT&T store.. u don't experience any of the above problems, especially #1 and 3?
    08-24-08 10:09 PM
    if its new just have it replaced by the store (under 30 days old ) or by exchange by mail (warranty 31 days to 1 year old) 1800-801-1101
    08-24-08 10:12 PM
    I bought it brand new off the AT&T store.. u don't experience any of the above problems, especially #1 and 3?
    if its new just have it replaced by the store (under 30 days old ) or by exchange by mail (warranty 31 days to 1 year old) 1800-801-1101
    Yes, I say replace it like flgearhead advised. I haven't experienced any of those problems. Sorry that you have.
    08-24-08 10:14 PM
    1. What's with the loose/squeaky underside where the magnet is (the rectangular part with the carrier logo)? It moves around and feels like it could come off... it is the same on the sides, it's kinda squeaky when u press the sides, not too solid.

2. What's with the vibrate function? I set it up to vibrate and I always miss my calls and never feel it vibrating like it is supposed to.

3. What's with the space button??????? this part annoys me most, the right side of the bar does not click when u press down, so whenever i press it, it does space twice.

4. Lastly, i can't change the ring/vibrate settings for when it is stored away in my leather pouch. how do i do this??

Help!!! someone let me know if these things are normal; let me know if i should return it to get a new one or something.

Are these things normal???

Welcome, first of all
    1. You may want to check into replacing this if the device is w/in 30 days of purchase..sounds like although it may have been new, someone's been playing with it prior to you purchasing it. The only downside is that you may be left with a refurbished replacement as your only option...not the worse thing that could happen, but it could happen. The logo plate should NOT be loose or anything.
    2. Check your vibrate profile..it can be set to vibrate only once. You can set it for more than one series of vibrations, in case you don't hear the first one.
    3. The space button...not sure about that. check under your profiles under options-->screen keyboard to see if you can update the rate or fastness from there.
    4. Changing your settings..one option is to make one of your convenience keys (button on the right side, button on the left side) as your profile key. That when when you want to switch from vibrate to ring, it may be easier to set it this way. Good luck!
    08-24-08 10:20 PM
    Welcome, first of all
    1. You may want to check into replacing this if the device is w/in 30 days of purchase..sounds like although it may have been new, someone's been playing with it prior to you purchasing it. The only downside is that you may be left with a refurbished replacement as your only option...not the worse thing that could happen, but it could happen. The logo plate should NOT be loose or anything.
    2. Check your vibrate profile..it can be set to vibrate only once. You can set it for more than one series of vibrations, in case you don't hear the first one.
    3. The space button...not sure about that. check under your profiles under options-->screen keyboard to see if you can update the rate or fastness from there.
    4. Changing your settings..one option is to make one of your convenience keys (button on the right side, button on the left side) as your profile key. That when when you want to switch from vibrate to ring, it may be easier to set it this way. Good luck!
    Thanks for the replies guys... so you're saying that if i return this, there is a chance that i will get a reburbished one.. well that would suck, but considerin these things that's wrong with my current one i suppose that wouldn't be bad.. what are the chances i'll get a new one??

I think i got 2 and 4 solved, but 3 is the most bothersome... it's not how fast the space button responds, it's like the right side of the space bar is sunken down more than the left... as if it is kinda stuck, not as bouncy.. i thought i could live with it, but the space button is the one i use most!
    08-24-08 10:52 PM
    I have a refurb and had the same issue with the squeeky sides and where the logo is. One day something clicked and is so longer "loose". For the most part the squeekyness has stopped and phone is pretty solid. You could try taking it apart then putting it back together. But for me the problems seemed to fix themselves.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-08 10:56 PM
    Thanks for the replies guys... so you're saying that if i return this, there is a chance that i will get a reburbished one.. well that would suck, but considerin these things that's wrong with my current one i suppose that wouldn't be bad.. what are the chances i'll get a new one??

I think i got 2 and 4 solved, but 3 is the most bothersome... it's not how fast the space button responds, it's like the right side of the space bar is sunken down more than the left... as if it is kinda stuck, not as bouncy.. i thought i could live with it, but the space button is the one i use most!
    If it is new, and it was me and I had issues that I couldn't fix, I would exchange it. You shouldn't have to repair something you bought brand new. ATT didn't take a partial payment for your device, so why should you take a partial device for your payments?

As for the refurbished...it depends on who you talk to, on what day. Some would let you go to the store to do the exchange, and then you'll have someone that hates life and will tell you "refurb"..either way, an exchange sounds like an answer. I would take it back to the store and exchange it.
    good luck!
    08-24-08 11:13 PM
    If it is new, and it was me and I had issues that I couldn't fix, I would exchange it. You shouldn't have to repair something you bought brand new. ATT didn't take a partial payment for your device, so why should you take a partial device for your payments?

As for the refurbished...it depends on who you talk to, on what day. Some would let you go to the store to do the exchange, and then you'll have someone that hates life and will tell you "refurb"..either way, an exchange sounds like an answer. I would take it back to the store and exchange it.
    good luck!
    hey yooooouuuuu guuuuuyyyyys, i decided to get my phone exchanged today and got it done with great success, i'm such a happy camper right now. Now i know what it feels like to have a solid BB curve

None of the sides or underside are loose or anything, they are rock solid, my space bar works perfectly! it's all even on each side. my vibrate finally works! it wasn't my settings (i did everything imaginably right to make it work), the more i think about it, the more i think it was my phone.

The more i think about it, i think someone did play with it before, took it apart or something, then put it back together in bad form (hence non-working vibrate, loose covers, crappy space placement). Now i am not experiencing any of those problems... only thing is, battery life is a lot shorter than before for some reason, but other than that, i'm satisfied. I wanna thank everyone of you for helping out and bringing me this smile
    08-25-08 05:38 PM
    hey yooooouuuuu guuuuuyyyyys, i decided to get my phone exchanged today and got it done with great success, i'm such a happy camper right now. Now i know what it feels like to have a solid BB curve

None of the sides or underside are loose or anything, they are rock solid, my space bar works perfectly! it's all even on each side. my vibrate finally works! it wasn't my settings (i did everything imaginably right to make it work), the more i think about it, the more i think it was my phone.

The more i think about it, i think someone did play with it before, took it apart or something, then put it back together in bad form (hence non-working vibrate, loose covers, crappy space placement). Now i am not experiencing any of those problems... only thing is, battery life is a lot shorter than before for some reason, but other than that, i'm satisfied. I wanna thank everyone of you for helping out and bringing me this smile
    I've learned that this is what this forum is for, and I am happy for you Nothing like a beautiful WORKing curve to make your day LOL. As for the memory, there is a post out on here that talks about freeing up your memory. It's also in JeffH's signature (the link). Good luck and Congrats on your "new" device!
    08-25-08 10:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD