I have a choice bettween a
    5mb data plan $9 a month
    10mb for 19$ a month
    and unlimited for 35$ a month

so how much data do you think i need i plan to be on the internet at least an hour a day but not reall downloading anything.

Also i use my regular yahoo mail account, can i access that via web, instead of paying an extra 10$ for email a month

and this is via cingular

thanks
    05-21-07 08:38 PM
    Personally, I would go for the unlimited BIS data plan. This lets you browse the web all you want, you just won't be able to use a BES server (which I don't think you do). An hour a day of browsing will add up really fast and the overages will be killer. You will still be able to check your Yahoo email.
    05-21-07 09:37 PM
    I would also choose the unlimited package. If you have a qualifying voice plan on Cingular, the unlimited should only be $29.99/mo

Also, take a look at the link in my signature about adding your device and carrier info to your profile. It will greatly help us in the future if you have any more questions.

Thanks and welcome to CrackBerry.com!
    05-22-07 09:57 AM
    whats a "qualifying voice plan"? just wondering how many minutes that is?
    05-22-07 08:12 PM
    Go here, and then click See Compatible Plans under the "BlackBerry Internet Service Plan" ($29.99). This will list the plans it will work with (which is just about any new plan, just not some outdated plans).
    05-22-07 08:24 PM
    Oh and come to think about it, it's not on that Cingular page, but Amazon offers it with new Cingular service, is a $39.99 unlimited data plan that also includes 1000 text messages. You may consider this if you do a lot of texting. You can inquire with Cingular about it if you don't find it listed anywhere.
    05-22-07 09:28 PM
    ^ that plan is actually the unlimited data plan plus an add on of 1000 text messages a month. Just tell the dude at cingular you want to add a thousand text messages and it will add $10 to the price of your plan.

The unlimited data for $29.99 qualifies with any voice plan, including the 450 minute one (that's what I have.)

Speaking as I was just in the store two days ago:

Unlimited BIS service (no corporate email) is $29.99. This allows you to have up to ten personal IMAP/POP3 accounts. Yahoo will push to your phone under this plan, as will gmail, and pretty much anything you can access via web (msn, hotmail, etc.)

This applies for any BB device they sell. BES is the $35 plan.

and you really want an unlimited plan. My pearl is almost always uploading or downloading for some program (especially email, which it accesses without your initition.) the 5 and 10 mb plans are really only for people who only get push email and don't browse online. An hour a day will kill a 10mb plan in about 100 page views. Not many at all.
    05-23-07 06:31 PM
    I still can't believe you guys in the US have such a raw deal from your cell carriers. And you usually have to pay for your devices and have a monthly charge. My unlimited bis plan costs me �2.50 a month (about five dollars) and the curve was free. Ok I pay the equivalent of 56 dollars for a just 100 mins and 300 texts but that is because I only wanted a 12 month contract. Anyhow my advice would be always go unlimited on data

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-08 08:05 PM
    uuugggghhh...yuck...i pay $10 unltd email on t-mob...cancelled the web plan because the device has built in wi-fi and hot spots are everywhere now a days and a lot faster than t-mobs web speeds...also...if your near a pc all day; why pay extra for something thats better displayed on a pc anyway?
    08-13-08 08:19 PM
    I still can't believe you guys in the US have such a raw deal from your cell carriers. And you usually have to pay for your devices and have a monthly charge. My unlimited bis plan costs me �2.50 a month (about five dollars) and the curve was free. Ok I pay the equivalent of 56 dollars for a just 100 mins and 300 texts but that is because I only wanted a 12 month contract. Anyhow my advice would be always go unlimited on data

I can't imagine being able to survive with only 100 min and 300 Text??? My family plan is $139.99 a month (before Taxes etc) for 2100 minutes Unlimited Texting for all lines ,unlimited BIS (BIS my phone only) and of course free nights , weekends , IN calling , no domestic long distance, plus thats 4 total family lines , thats $34.99 a line , I wouldn't say its all bad over here
    08-13-08 08:34 PM
    I stand enlightened! I don't talk much ;-) my other handset (an lg viewty) has 1200 mins and 500 texts plus unlimited data but I hate the phone and don't use the mins. If I use 60 mins a month that's me being talkative. My work device (a wm piece of crap) is what I do all the talking on. No such thing as family plans over here. But this lark of paying for phones is what I couldn't do. That's why the original iphone was a flop here everyone said "your avin a bloody larf mate" wheb they said we had to pay for it!

08-13-08 08:48 PM
    in a word UNLIMITED!
    08-13-08 08:50 PM
    And of course you get much much more if you sign to a longer contract. For example if I had agreed to an 18 month contract then the 100 mins and 300 texts would have turned into 600 mins unlimited texts and free unlimited data. But I like to upgrade a lot and have more phone contracts that I care to admit to for that reason *slaps self in face for expensive phone addiction* lol

08-13-08 08:54 PM
    I stand enlightened! I don't talk much ;-) my other handset (an lg viewty) has 1200 mins and 500 texts plus unlimited data but I hate the phone and don't use the mins. If I use 60 mins a month that's me being talkative. My work device (a wm piece of crap) is what I do all the talking on. No such thing as family plans over here. But this lark of paying for phones is what I couldn't do. That's why the original iphone was a flop here everyone said "your avin a bloody larf mate" wheb they said we had to pay for it!

That is very interesting to me , I would love to visit. No family plans???? wow! 60 minutes a month is talkative??? WOW! Well you found the right place , you"ll love it here and we'll have you talking in no time!

And yeah , phone over here are damned expensive!
    08-13-08 08:55 PM
    And of course you get much much more if you sign to a longer contract. For example if I had agreed to an 18 month contract then the 100 mins and 300 texts would have turned into 600 mins unlimited texts and free unlimited data. But I like to upgrade a lot and have more phone contracts that I care to admit to for that reason *slaps self in face for expensive phone addiction* lol

Contracts here are generally 2 year and they just rolled out the 3 year contracts for the 3G iPhone!!!
    08-13-08 08:57 PM
    I would get the unlimited cause the data overage charges add up really quick.
    08-13-08 09:01 PM
    It's just too long. The rate at which the new must have devices come out 12 months is usually my limit. Just took out an 18 month contract for my wife's phone and that grieved me enough. Can't believe I didn't go for the blackberry before though. I've has the N95, K850i, touch, touch dual, iphone, viewty, tocco in the last year or so and my curve kicks all their butts even though it isn't as feature rich as some of the others. I digress, I'm at risk of hijacking the thread, lol

08-13-08 09:07 PM
    It's just too long. The rate at which the new must have devices come out 12 months is usually my limit. Just took out an 18 month contract for my wife's phone and that grieved me enough. Can't believe I didn't go for the blackberry before though. I've has the N95, K850i, touch, touch dual, iphone, viewty, tocco in the last year or so and my curve kicks all their butts even though it isn't as feature rich as some of the others. I digress, I'm at risk of hijacking the thread, lol

LOL , highjacker. Good Day Then!
    08-13-08 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD