So I�m sure this is an embarrassingly basic question, but I have looked around and can�t find it answered anywhere.

So I bought my blackberry � and somehow I was under the impression that it would come with software for me to sync up with it� for example a blackberry calendar, address book etc�

This is clearly incorrect, and I am given to understand that it sync�s well with outlook� Which I am sure is super handy for people who use outlook a lot. Only I don�t actually have outlook, just outlook express. I have seen that the calendar aspect can sync with Google calendars� but not the memos or the contacts� is there any other program (preferably free) that I can use to organize my blackberry.

I really just want a way to sort out my contact information, and input calendar info, memos etc� on my computer so I don�t have to type it all internally on the blackberry. I like whats in the blackberry and I just want to be able to do the same thing on my computer. Preferably without buying outlook!
    04-28-08 03:09 PM
    You can sync to an ASCII file, and import to Excel...

But there is not another free PIM for you to use, sorry.
    04-28-08 03:10 PM
    About the only calendar that you could sync with is Google (for sure works) or Yahoo (no idea).

If you are only intending to use your BB as your calendar then you can still do a Backup within Desktop Manager. It's true that you can't view it on the PC bt you do at least have a safe Backup.
    04-28-08 03:49 PM
    ASCII files are free...
    04-28-08 04:06 PM
    I had the same misconception as you when I first got my BB. After some trial and error, I've found that the best combo for me is Outlook Express for Contacts, and Yahoo Calendar for my calendar. Syncs up perfectly! Hope that helps!
    ~Sheri

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-08 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD