The product description for the Verizon Blackberry Curve 8300 states that the Curve "is not Rev. A Upgradeable."

What is Rev. A and do I care?
    05-14-08 02:37 PM
    The product description for the Verizon Blackberry Curve 8300 states that the Curve "is not Rev. A Upgradeable."

What is Rev. A and do I care?
    Rev. A refers to EVDO Rev. A which is a form of 3G connectivity (i.e HSDPA, UMTS). The VZW (and Sprint for that matter) BB right now is using EVDO Rev. 0. This is all dealing in the CDMA world (if you don't know...google or wiki)

Basically it's a quicker connection and maybe some tech differences you may never notice, some would say much quicker some would say about the same. As far as I know the only devices that run Rev A. right now are Sprint's Mogul and Alltel's Touch (and through some hackery Sprint's and Verizon's touch). These devices were just ugraded to Rev A. recently. I'm sure if there are more devices someone will chime in here.

I was amused by Verizon's statement. You rarely see a company point out what a device can't do. But I guess they knew people would want to know.
    Last edited by pmjohnson99; 05-14-08 at 03:04 PM.
    05-14-08 03:00 PM
    Thanks for the response.
    05-14-08 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD