I was told it was to be found via toggle, but i am not sure:

- how to find it

- what it is

- what to do when i do find it...

the directions on the greenlight were very helpful. thanks!
    i found the place in 2 clicks....
    05-27-08 03:16 PM
    Radio is what makes your blackberry connect to the voice and data network. Radio off is when you turn off the wireless portion of the phone but leave the organizer part on (if you were going on an airplane, for example).

To turn radio on and off you go to the manage connections icon (it looks like a tower with rings coming from the top of it) and check or uncheck the mobile network box.
    05-27-08 03:22 PM
    ok, great, i had done that but didn't see "radio" so wanted to make sure i was on track.

thx!
    05-27-08 03:24 PM
    Radio refers to whether or not you have wireless (phone/data) enabled on your phone.

You can access this from the Manage Connections icon. There are two checkboxes, the Mobile Network will turn your radio off if you are on a plane, etc.
    05-27-08 03:27 PM
    Just want to say what a great site this is. I had the exact same question. Rifling through the manuals or checking the disc that came with the device are USELESS.

Crackberry is my go-to source, and the user forums are absolutely the best.

I was ready to return the damn phone a few days ago because I was so frustrated....Now I'm becoming addicted. Uh oh.
    07-28-08 08:14 AM
    Just want to say what a great site this is. I had the exact same question. Rifling through the manuals or checking the disc that came with the device are USELESS.

Crackberry is my go-to source, and the user forums are absolutely the best.

I was ready to return the damn phone a few days ago because I was so frustrated....Now I'm becoming addicted. Uh oh.
    Glad we could help you out!! Welcome to CrackBerry!!
    07-28-08 08:16 AM
    Yah, the term radio is, like, so century before last!
    07-28-08 09:41 AM
    Why does my curve -sometimes- powerup with radio off? Why would the device turn off the radio itself? Thank you
    12-26-08 09:11 AM
    Why does my curve -sometimes- powerup with radio off? Why would the device turn off the radio itself? Thank you
    What OS you have running on the device?
    12-26-08 09:17 AM
    When you update the OS, the radio is turned off and you will need to turn it back on after it reboots
    12-26-08 09:46 AM
    Yah, the term radio is, like, so century before last!
    It is however technically 100% accurate for a device that both transmist and receives. I would not know what else to call such a device.

You would use the on/off function for 3 specific things on a BlackBerry
    - Switch it off when you board a plane or entering a "No Cell phones area".
    - Switching the radio back on after a low battery event has switched it off automatically.
    - Switching the radio on after an OS upgrade.
    12-26-08 01:00 PM
    When you update the OS, the radio is turned off and you will need to turn it back on after it reboots
    it's an 8330 on Verizon
    I'm running v4.5.0.77
    I got it last week.
    I have done no upgrades.

Randomly, (it's happened 2x) when I turn it on, there's no service. I try the phone and it asks me if I want to turn on the radio.

why does it turn on with radio off?

thank you very much
    /j
    12-28-08 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD