Lately, I've been having issues with my 8310 running a little sluggish. It started happening when I add more and more music. From what I've read on the forums, this is usually a result of putting the mp3s on the internal memory. Am I right?
    This is probably a dumb question, but after I get a memory card, the mp3s that I transfer onto it will go straight to memory card right?
    07-05-08 03:21 PM
    You hane to point the mp3 to the card, low memory is the biggest problem.
    07-05-08 03:23 PM
    think of your device as a computer, since it's all that it is. the less available memory you have, the slower it will run as it tries to manage what memory it has available by having to open and close background tasks in addition to accessing the task you're trying to open.

and no, installing a memory card will not cause the berry to automagically migrate your previously loaded tunes to the card. you need to do it yourself with media manager. but once you change the default save settings, any additional music you add from that point forward will save to the card by default.
    07-05-08 03:26 PM
    To answer your question, no. You will need to manually xfer them to the card. The ones on the phone. After that you can enable Mass Storage and drag and drop them from the computer to the memory card.
    07-05-08 03:26 PM
    pretty easy to do this with the great cut and paste feature of the blackberry!!!

go into ur media, then select on board memory and cut and paste them to ur memory card media section! no hookin it up to the computer needed!
    07-05-08 03:31 PM
    OK, thanks for all the help! So If I understand correctly, If I have all my media on the memory card, My BB will run quick like it's supposed to.
    07-05-08 06:29 PM
    yes and also take a look at the link in my signature to free up some memory
    07-05-08 06:31 PM
    It started happening when I add more and more music. From what I've read on the forums, this is usually a result of putting the mp3s on the internal memory. Am I right
    LOL, that could be the problem.

We are struggling to free up memory so they work as smoothly as possible, and we greet folks saving pictures and tunes in device memory.

That is a very good investment, it will save you tons of hassle.

Check out our memory threads, that is always #1.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-08 06:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD