i'm a newbie, and still getting used to this crazy device.

here's my question:

if i switch the BB off, what happens to the emails that I would have received had it been on.

i'm guessing they wait for you to switch back on (like SMS), but then I thought, what if you go away on holiday for 2 weeks, do you get like half an hour of perpetual binging as it shoves 100's of emails out to you?

last point about being away: i'm on O2 BIS tariff, and they charge extra for leaving data on when abroad ... like �2.55 per Mb ... but what does this translate to ... like a few emails or loads?

thanks a bundle, great site, very useful
    04-22-08 03:24 PM
    You can turn off data services when you are roaming. If you go to Options > Mobile Network, you can change the option for data services to Off When Roaming.
    04-22-08 03:38 PM
    thanks, but what's a typical cost if you leave it on?
    04-22-08 03:41 PM
    All the emails will probably show up at the same time, I doubt it will take 30 minutes though, nor do I think it will constantly beep while they are received. I am not 100% sure though, because I have never been in that situation.

As for data while away. It adds up fast, so if you will be roaming, I suggest just turning it off altogether. Go into options > mobile network and there should be an option called "Data Services." Set it to "off when roaming" and you should have nothing to worry about.
    04-22-08 03:41 PM
    everytime I am away and get back to my coverage area.. I start getting all my messages instantly.. It will keep receiving messages until you get them all.. so its pretty much instantly. Each time you get one it will notify you, based on whatever way u have it set.. should be fast though
    04-22-08 05:46 PM
    I have enabled the auto-shut off and on feature on my curve. Basically it shuts off at 11:00 pm in the night and wakes up at 7:00 am the next day morning. As soon as it wakes up, I can hear the notifications of emails being pushed...there was a day when i had 12 emails and it sounded like a mini - alarm !!
    04-22-08 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD