I was on You Tube earlier but I thought I closed all of that out. I left it sitting on chair (4 yo is in school so she's not the culprit) and I came back and the led is flashing very quickly and then going off! I can't get it to respond other than that. I pulled the battery and the led came on and then it went back to flashing! HELP!
    08-21-09 09:45 AM
    I know this is a silly question but did you plug the phone into the wall wart?
    Don't use a USB PC connection but directly to the wall charge.
    Give it about 1/2 hour to an hour & see if it will come on.
    Let us know how you are doing..
    08-21-09 10:25 AM
    I know this is a silly question but did you plug the phone into the wall wart?

What's a wall wart? My husband told me to connect it to the wall. I had to get on the PC to ask yall! I will calm myself, I'm at home so the school should be able to reach me here and go on about the rest of my day and give it some time.

Thanks for replying!
    08-21-09 10:31 AM
    I think they are trying to get you to use the wall charger.
    08-21-09 10:34 AM
    Sorry for the confusion, Wall Wart is another term to the Phone Charger that plugs into the outlet.
    It's stressful, I agree but just plug the phone into an outlet & leave it for a little bit. Then try to turn it on
    Again, sorry for the confusion Good Luck
    08-21-09 10:35 AM
    Ohhhh...well, I figured that's what you were talking about! I just was making sure! lol Well, OK, we'll do!
    08-21-09 11:00 AM
    Well update since I don't have my Berry and can rely on the PC....that is whenever my husband isn't glued to it!

No go on the wall charger bit. I finally took it to VZW and said it was dead. Said something about it coming into contact with liquid and something inside had turned to indicate it. (sorry my secondhand info isn't so great. I was in shock) so 2 biz days to get another pink one like I had. I was like I got it there well, the warranty ones must be extra special that they don't carry them in the store so I have to wait to have it shipped! I'm back to a dumbphone meanwhile and *not* happy! And still trying to figure out what liquid! She doesn't know me! Everyone know how I am with my berry! I think back to putting that BSE on there and I'm so skiddish about this happening again I may forgo it for the next one!
    08-23-09 01:10 PM
    I really don't think the BSE was the issue, unless you completely doused your phone in moisture to apply it. I used one and none of my water damage indicators are red.

Still, very sorry to hear it. Hope your replacement BB is rushed to you so you won't have to deal with a dumbphone for much longer!
    08-23-09 03:23 PM
    the warranty ones must be extra special that they don't carry them in the store so I have to wait to have it shipped!
    The store rep should have quoted a little script about your replacement, and referred to it as a "certified like new"
    Meaning: It's a refurbished device. Most stores don't keep stuff like that in stock.
    Also, don't forget to send your busted one back within ten days of getting your "new" one, or they'll bill you retail price.
    08-23-09 05:06 PM
    And the BSE has been on for a while...I guess if it was the culprit it would have died already? Two biz days for the phone. But was that including Friday when I went over to the store after picking up my daughter from school.... I am so spoiled just had the BB since May and already detest having to go back to the dumbphone! I just leave it in my bag! My BB sat on my nightstand to charge overnight.

I think I knew that replacements were refurbished. The rep didn't tell me though. Really they had silver in stock but not the pink....once I decided on a silver there was no getting pink. I thought about it since I had a Coach faceplate but I guess really I *do* rely on it but being a SAHM v. a business person I am not totally in a jam! I have my husband's old Motorola so at least I can have a phone while I'm out and while my daughter is at school if I'm not home! They told me about sending it back. That will be the first thing I do is pack it up to go on its way!

Can I reuse that BSE (the screen protector not the full body one) or do I need to break out the second one for the my replacement berry?
    08-23-09 09:31 PM
    Maybe the youtube application or something else was still running in the background and just drained the battery?
    08-24-09 12:38 AM
    Sorry about your phone. Hope you had everything backed up. Good luck with your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 05:37 AM
    followed PP advice and plugged into wall outlet. Took it to VZW too, also mentioned in PP

Thanks Stone. I did back up the previous week and got the new VZW OS update at the time too. I hadn't for last week yet...I usually try to back up weekly...

So how often does everyone back up? I may make Monday my back up day. Kid's back at school...daddy's back in the office and I can get to the PC.
    08-24-09 07:45 AM
    I back up daily with bluetooth. (automatically)
    08-24-09 10:43 AM
    OK, speak slowly....with your bt headset?
    08-24-09 12:32 PM
    Not with a Bluetooth headset. By connecting your BB wirelessly to your computer. Of course your computer must have a Bluetooth interface built in or attached, but if it does, you can connect the BlackBerry (or any device with Bluetooth) to your computer in the same way you connect a Bluetooth device to your phone.
    08-24-09 12:58 PM
    hmmmm....I am getting ready to show my ignorance here! I know how to use the technology even if I don't understand it! OK, even though the Curve doesn't have wifi? I wasn't sure if that was a carrier thing or a device thing or am I on the wrong track and it doesn't have anything to do with wifi? I just think wifi when you talk wireless. I will have to check into that with my husband who built the computer! And if npt that will have to be an addition!
    08-24-09 02:29 PM
    via blue tooth not blue tooth headset lol....now THAT was funny simply put...wirelessly
    08-24-09 02:37 PM
    I am pretty techo literate but this one I am truly in ingorance about but I want yall to teach me wise ones! I like being able to back up every day like that....I just wonder if I can if my Curve doesn't have wifi?
    08-24-09 02:47 PM
    I am not sure what BB desktop is able to do... I use missing sync on a mac. But to your question wifi is for internet browsing without having to pay for a data plan through your carrier. Some curves have wifi I don't think yours does. Now bluetooth will let you connect different devices wireless to each other. The range to be connected is about 10 feet from each other. Devices can be computers, headsets, other phones, GPS devices etc... If your pc is not bluetooth enabled but has a usb port you can find adapters for under $20.00. Bluetooth will let you sync device options and memory but if you need to change or modify the os (operating system) you will still need your usb cable.

We all started where you are at trying to learn about a phone that does everything until you want it to do something special...
    08-24-09 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD