My sprint curve 8330 was working earlier today (4.5 os), but when I pulled it out of my pocket a little while ago, it was unresponsive, I pulled the battery and put it back in and the red light came on, the white screen with the hourglass came up and it loaded to the home screen. I can scroll around the icons, but no keys work, not the qwerty, not the scroll wheel button, not the top button, not the side buttons. But, if i keep pressing keys it keeps the home screen up even though the keys don't do anything. I plug it in and the screen comes up again but I still can't use any keys.
    05-12-09 09:22 PM
    My friend had this same issue (although it was because he spilled beer on it.) He took it back to the store, and they just swapped him out.
    05-12-09 09:25 PM
    Was the BB exposed to sweat/moisture while in your pocket?

Sounds like moisture/liquid damage, symptoms to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Did you phone get hot in your pocket or smashed? If not, you might try pulling the battery to see if that helps.
    Hook it up to DM and if you can, do a backup. You may need it sooner than later.

05-12-09 09:27 PM
    No it didn't get anything spilled on it or smashed. I am leaving the battery out right now (does time make a difference?). I already have a backup of everything.
    05-12-09 09:47 PM
    Did you pull the battery with the power still on, or did you turn the power off first?

Proper way to reset the BB is battery pull when it is on, wait at least 30 seconds, reinstall battery.

05-12-09 10:05 PM
    If your BB is less than 12 mos old, you can take it in to your carrier for a warranty exchange.

05-12-09 10:06 PM
    Yeah it was on when I pulled it (I can't turn it off any other way), and sweet mine is less than 12 months old.
    05-12-09 10:12 PM
    My BB froze on me once to where it wouldn't do anything, the backlight wouldn't even go out and battery pulls weren't working.

I took the battery out and left it out for a couple hours and put it back in and everything was back to normal.

05-12-09 11:41 PM
    If leaving the battery out for a while doesn't help, it looks like a warranty exchange is your best option.
    05-13-09 05:31 AM
    Yay, I left the battery out overnight and now it works again!
    05-13-09 07:05 AM
    That awesome, glad to hear it

05-13-09 01:34 PM
    About 2 weeks ago I had the same symptoms again but they were not going away, so I brought it in and it got replaced, fast forward to today, same things are happening again, I have the battery out right now...Can this phone just not take the heat in my pocket or something? I am thinking about getting a motorola renegade v950...
    06-22-09 08:28 PM
    Maybe you got a sweaty pocket lol.

I never keep my phone in my pocket due to lint and dust issues.

06-22-09 09:14 PM
    Well it was about 100 degrees in the shop today and I was welding lol.
    06-22-09 09:23 PM
    Went to the sprint store today and I am getting another replacement tomorrow, do you guys think it could be one of the apps I have installed on it that causes this to happen? I have opera, facebook, pocket express, and viigo.
    06-24-09 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD