Ok, I have been told that you can't load programs to your media card, and I have the curve 8330. So, the only thing the media card is for is to load ring tones and pictures. I wish it was the other way around.
    02-17-09 08:27 PM
    You can purchase a program from Aerize in the CB store that will allow you to load programs then run them from your media card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 08:31 PM
    You can purchase a program from Aerize in the CB store that will allow you to load programs then run them from your media card.
    Not correct. With Aerize you can load and unload applications on the memory
    card. There is NO way at all to run them from the card.

The memory card is a great investment. You keep your pictures, tones, videos,
    music, and with BBNotepad your memos on it as opposed to using up your
    valuable and very limited device memory. You can also use the card for
    storage as you would any other flash drive.
    02-17-09 08:36 PM
    Yes, I meant load them from the memory card to main memory, then run them.

02-17-09 08:40 PM
    Some people use their cell phones as their primary camera so it likely works out very well. Also, some BBs can take videos which would take up a LOT of space and the memory card comes in very handy there.
    ... and with BBNotepad your memos on it as opposed to using up your valuable and very limited device memory.
    Sorry to be off-topic, but thanks for pointing out BBNotepad.
    02-17-09 08:56 PM
    Yeah I'm with A G the card is a really good investment. If you save pics, tones without one you will be losing memory on your device which can make programs run incorrectly.
    02-17-09 09:01 PM
    ...I want to upgrade from 8gb to 32 though does anyone know if the curve 8330 supports 32gb?
    See this thread.
    02-18-09 12:16 AM
    Supposedly with the 4.5 and above OS it will run up to 32G cards, I've not seen anyone actually do it though.
    If you spring for it let us know.

I use my card for pics, video ringtones etc I can pretty much put anything on the phone and have it when I want it.

02-18-09 12:44 AM
    Slacker caching. Great use of the media card.
    02-18-09 06:23 AM
    basically, if you're like me and don't feel like carrying a phone, a camera and an MP3 player at once a media card is the best investment you can make. the camera is actually pretty good for a camera phone, and using the phone as an MP3 player isn't that bad either, and it doesn't kill nearly as much of the battery as i thought it would. and considering you can get a 8gig SanDisk Micro SD card on Amazon for less than $13, it literally pays for itself before you know it...

sure, i use my Zune when i run or bike because of the convenience factor, but when i'm on the train or in my car i use my Curve as an MP3 player first. and the same goes for snapping pictures, i have a $300 Casio camera that i don't even use anymore...
    02-18-09 09:03 AM
    Basically for music its worth it I don't love listening to music off my phone but on short subway trips or unexpected delays it is nice have 8 gigs for music or movies, that being said I wish there was iTunes support for BB so I could manually update via iTunes instead of BB's crap program. I have a 40 gig + music collection so 8 gigs is a small sample but can be nice for an extended stay at the oil change place, stuck on a train without an iPod, or waiting between classes.
    02-18-09 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD