I tried to find "What is FDN phone list?" in search and nothing came up? What is it? It's in my phone options menu.
    I am trying to find a way to block a number that has been calling 3-5 times a day.
    04-09-08 12:15 AM
    I'm not sure about FDN, but there are 3rd party aps that can handle incoming calls. They can reject calls (based on number) as soon as they come in, so your phone won't ring - the person will go directly to voicemail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-08 08:18 AM
    Fixed
    Dialing
    Number

The concept is to lock the BB so that it can only dial a certain number. If you enable FDN, the BB will only dial numbers on this list.
    04-09-08 08:21 AM
    Fixed
    Dialing
    Number

The concept is to lock the BB so that it can only dial a certain number. If you enable FDN, the BB will only dial numbers on this list.
    That must be a control for parents who don't want their teenagers calling everyone on the planet. LOL
    04-09-08 10:37 AM
    Thanks, that's good to know. I had wondered about FDN. Great that one can just type a query into CrackBerry and somebody will have the answer.
    08-09-08 09:57 PM
    Basically you don't have to get third party applications to block an unwanted caller......The FDN list is for specific numbers only....I simply use my contact list and make edits there.

Getting back to blocking unwanted calls, here is what you do:

Block calls:

Depending on your wireless service provider and the wireless network that your BlackBerry� device is connected to, this feature might not be supported, yet nearly all major providers support it.

To perform this task, your wireless service provider must set up your SIM card for this service and provide you with a call blocking password. Verizon wireless for example, log into your account, search block a caller, enter their number, then follow the instructions.

1.In the phone application, press the Menu key.
    2.Click Options.
    3.Click Call Barring.
    4.Highlight a call blocking option.
    5.Press the Menu key.
    6.Click Enable.
    7.Type your call blocking password.
    To stop blocking calls, highlight a call blocking option. Press the Menu key. Click Disable.
    Last edited by uniquegtlmn; 07-23-09 at 09:21 PM.
    07-23-09 09:15 PM

1.In the phone application, press the Menu key.
    2.Click Options.
    3.Click Call Barring.
    4.Highlight a call blocking option.
    5.Press the Menu key.
    6.Click Enable.
    7.Type your call blocking password.
    To stop blocking calls, highlight a call blocking option. Press the Menu key. Click Disable.
    Hi, do you know whether we can reset the password in case it's forgotten? Currently I have the call barring active for "Incoming if Roaming" and would like to turn it off. It asks for my password which I couldn't recall. After several attempts it keeps giving me "General error" message.

Any help to alleviate the problem will be greatly appreciated. I really need the incoming calls when I roam outside this time...
    10-28-09 08:40 AM
    The term FDN stands for fixed dialing number. This is a feature that is provided by your SIM card. Some SIM cards don't allow or support this functionality.It is used to restrict your out going calls to a limited set of numbers.
    02-18-10 03:45 PM
    I tried to find "What is FDN phone list?" in search and nothing came up? What is it? It's in my phone options menu.
    I am trying to find a way to block a number that has been calling 3-5 times a day.
    It is Fixed dial Number
    11-07-10 06:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD