Hi friends,

We are 24 hours into our new Curves. Dh is still in the dark as we have been too busy to sit down and work things out together. I did tell him how to make a call, and he knows how to answer, so that is good.

I am dying for a new theme---and wonder where to start. We have Macs so it seems to me that I first need to get Missing Sync before I start doing much. Is that right?

I also can't figure out how to get online. If I get an email with a link in it, I can get that to work, but can't figure out how to get directly there. I know if I read here more it will all work itself out---just have to wait until after Christmas.

I'd love any suggestions you have!

Thank you so much.
    12-23-08 06:27 PM
    Use the search tool on this site, it will help you out greatly. Congrats on the new Berry...
    12-23-08 06:36 PM
    I would try PocketMac first before paying for Missing Sync and see if it covers your needs for free.

As for themes, there are tons of them on this site - and some users take requests to create one for you. Last time I played with PocketMac I remember seeing an option for adding files to the BB so that should work for the theme as well.
    12-23-08 06:45 PM
    Use the search tool on this site, it will help you out greatly. Congrats on the new Berry...
    I plan to---and have already a bit. I will spend more time at it in a couple of days.

I would try PocketMac first before paying for Missing Sync and see if it covers your needs for free.

As for themes, there are tons of them on this site - and some users take requests to create one for you. Last time I played with PocketMac I remember seeing an option for adding files to the BB so that should work for the theme as well.
    That makes sense. I will give it a try.

Thanks to you both for your input!
    12-23-08 07:32 PM
    Take a look at the Newbie section here...a lot of FYIs and FAQs that should get the ball rolling for you...Congrats on the Curve and Welcome!
    12-23-08 07:38 PM
    yeah newbie section will do wonders for you
    12-26-08 07:43 PM
    yeah newbie section will do wonders for you
    It already has!

I made my own wallpaper today for one thing---not a big deal, but was fun.

My next thing to figure out is how difficult it is to change icons---I would love different ones.

We are having fun!
    12-26-08 08:29 PM
    Welcome to CB. This site is pretty much all you need.
    12-26-08 08:33 PM
    My next thing to figure out is how difficult it is to change icons---I would love different ones.

We are having fun!
    You can't change, add or delete the icons. They are controlled by the theme.
    Only thing you can do with them is hide or move them.
    12-26-08 08:42 PM
    You can't change, add or delete the icons. They are controlled by the theme.
    Only thing you can do with them is hide or move them.
    Rats.

So if I created my own theme I could create icons? I am sure that is pretty involved, though.
    12-26-08 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD