I currently use my phone's calendar (don't have a BB yet) for everyday tasks such as :

11:00am mow the lawn
    12:30pm mail a letter
    8:30pm bring lunch to work and so on...

This way I have my phone vibrate me to remind me to do these things. I also end up putting appts in the same place as well so that I don't forget those either, such as Dr appts, Union Meetings etc. My only complaint is that the calendar gets kind of cluttered and it's hard to see what's going on for the day at a quick glance. Will I be able to use the calendar to show just Dr appts, union mtgs, etc and then the task list for the everyday mundane things like mowing the lawn, mailing letters etc? If that works, it would be easy to put the BB in month view mode for the calendar and see what days I have Dr appts or Union mtgs etc.

Now in the BB world, are these task or calendar items? And if they're tasks, can I make them vibrate when they come up so I remember to do them? And can I do the same thing with calendar items?
    Last edited by CFD323; 04-15-08 at 10:14 AM.
    04-15-08 10:11 AM
    The notification is the same for tasks and calendar items. When you're using it to remind yourself, the functionality is about the same for either one.
    04-15-08 10:15 AM
    Ok, thanks.

I've got Windows Calendar in my Windows Mail program (default Vista program), and I was wondering if the BB calendar is laid out the same? And if I can sync to it?

Last edited by CFD323; 04-15-08 at 10:39 AM.
    04-15-08 10:33 AM
    When you get your BB, just remember to give your task a specific date and time. it will then show up in your calendar and use the reminder, vibrate, beep or both etc.
    04-15-08 11:30 AM
    ToDoMatrix is a good task list - it keeps me organized!
    04-15-08 11:34 AM
    Does anyone know if todomatrix is compatible with outlook tasks?
    04-15-08 03:15 PM
    Tasks only show up in the calendar if you enable the option for them to do so; it is set to "no" by default. The calendar is designed more for meetings and appointments, while the task manager is for reminders and to-do's. I personally use the task app for things like a reminder to go to the store, pay a bill, call someone, etc; I use the calendar for scheduling meetings with clients, dr appointments, parties and things of that nature.

You can set reminders for both, and you can set them to different sounds, or sound/vibrate combos. You can also add due dates for tasks if you so choose and they both sync to Microsoft Outlook as well.

In an argument of semantics, you could say they are the same and have the same uses; it is far easier to seperate your to-dos into the task app and your appointments into your calendar if you ask me though. If not for anything else, merely for the sake of reducing clutter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by CrazEtooN; 04-15-08 at 03:55 PM.
    04-15-08 03:52 PM
    Tasks only show up in the calendar if you enable the option for them to do so; it is set to "no" by default. The calendar is designed more for meetings and appointments, while the task manager is for reminders and to-do's. I personally use the task app for things like a reminder to go to the store, pay a bill, call someone, etc; I use the calendar for scheduling meetings with clients, dr appointments, parties and things of that nature.

You can set reminders for both, and you can set them to different sounds, or sound/vibrate combos. You can also add due dates for tasks if you so choose and they both sync to Microsoft Outlook as well.

In an argument of semantics, you could say they are the same and have the same uses; it is far easier to seperate your to-dos into the task app and your appointments into your calendar if you ask me though. If not for anything else, merely for the sake of reducing clutter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That's exactly what I was looking for, and that's how I want to set mine up. I like having less clutter in the calendar so at a quick glance I can see appt's, work days, etc, while keeping the mundane day-to-day stuff separate.

Thanks
    04-16-08 12:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD