my part finally came in for my curve and im about to replace it, im pretty confident i can do it without the video, but i dont want to do something wrong, i usually have bad luck with that.... haha thanks ahead of time for the help
    10-27-08 04:46 PM
    what ya replacing?

The site is cnn.cn

However youtube IMO has better vids.
    10-27-08 04:47 PM
    im replacing the front housing on my curve, i had the deadly "two crack problem" with it, they appeared about a month ago and finally a chip of the housing fell out... hahah
    10-27-08 04:50 PM
    10-27-08 04:52 PM
    aah found it thanks guys =) now to fix my phone- i mean friend
    10-27-08 04:55 PM
    good luck! let us know if you have any more questons!
    10-27-08 04:56 PM
    well currently im having issues with getting the front faceplate off... i have the sidebars off but im a little scared ill break the phone XD is it common for the faceplate to be "stuck" hard to get off?
    10-27-08 05:14 PM
    Aren't there screws to remove at that step? I've never done it, but I watched the video once...good luck!
    10-27-08 05:16 PM
    well yeah i got the screws out its the clips im afraid of, i cant seem to get them out, although that may be because i cant use my uber-stubby fingernails to pic them out....
    10-27-08 05:17 PM
    If its the first time you are taking it apart, the face plate will be a lil difficult to remove due to the adhesive etc, use a lil force, it will eventually peel right off..just be gentle, the clips on the plates you have to kinda lift a little bit..
    10-27-08 05:22 PM
    well would it be bad if i broke the clips? because its an old one that will be thrown away and i notice as i pull the faceplate off it looks like ill rip the phone "guts" (you know what i mean) right out and just break it lol
    10-27-08 05:25 PM
    The clips on the phone are kinda strong, I dont know if could tell you sure, go ahead and rip it, take a few more mins working on the clips, get the screwdriver head, or tweezers under there to pry them a lil lose, you only need to get one side of them lose as it will flip up and you can wiggle it to get the other side off..
    But hey, its your phone.. do at your own risk as they say
    10-27-08 05:29 PM
    i am having NO LUCK on getting this faceplate off..... its seems pretty determing to stay on =( im scared ill break it to badly....
    10-27-08 05:42 PM
    anyone want to throw in a word of advice?
    10-27-08 06:05 PM
    Leave it alone for about 30 mins, work on something else, then come back it and try again.. LOL

I dont know, like I said, you gotta kinda pull up the clips on the face plate.. use tweezers or something to get em lose, once those are kinda lose a lil more pressure for the peel off part of the adhesive to the screen.. thats all I know.. thats the way Ive always done it..
    10-27-08 06:12 PM
    sadly i did what you said BEFORE you said it =P well.... only the walking away part, about to try again
    10-27-08 06:56 PM
    ok i got it =] my phone is now fixed, and it looks good as new although when taking the messed up faceplate off, the foamy-adhesive was torn, seemed like no other way for it to come off, and thank you CB community, you guys rock =]
    10-27-08 07:12 PM
    yeh that does get messed up, I think most pull it off, myself included, I did anyways
    10-27-08 07:16 PM
    ok, problem now... i plugged up the bberry to get it charging, and the screen shows up with a drained(?) battery and a lighting bolt over it, and it doesnt appear to be charging? im a little scared now hahah

EDIT: it was just really dead is all nevermind... and now i feel like an *****, i forgot to freaking clean the inside of the screen before i stuck the faceplate back on... and now i have a little black, annoying dot on my screen >.> any EASY way to clean that out without have to go through my hecting way of disassembling the phone?
    Last edited by six_cents; 10-27-08 at 07:36 PM. Reason: problem solved
    10-27-08 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD