Hello, I just got my first blackberry!

I have a family plan $69.99 a month with my sister. I have a blackberry which I added "BlackBerry Unlimited Add-on - Add access to BlackBerry's powerful data functionality to a voice rate plan. The BlackBerry Unlimited Add-on includes unlimited BlackBerry Web Client e-mail and Web browsing. Does not include text/instant messaging. " for 19.99 I would like to know what is BlackBerry Web Client e-mail? Is that the blackberry email account I need to set up? Or the email accounts I link to my blackberry? Can I send unlimited emails from my phone under this extra service I paid $19.99 a month for? Does this service include Blackberry Messenger messaging or does Blackberry messenger messages count as a text? If I email to people is that considered a text? I understand the extra service does not include text but I would like to know what is considered text as well. Does this service also include submitting posting messages on Facebook or is that considered text? Thank you very much any information is much appreciated!
    04-11-08 08:08 AM
    The blackberry unlimited plan should be a BIS - blackberry internet service account. You will have to log in to your carriers BIS page and set up your email and then you can sync it to your phone. I know alot of them are say [email protected] or [email protected]. The blackberry data plan should include the email, blackberry messenger, and a internet browser. It will not include text (sms or mms) in that price. As far as posting messages, if you do it through your blackberry browser then there is no extra charge. I hope that clears some of it up for you.
    04-11-08 11:43 AM
    Can I send unlimited emails from my phone under this extra service I paid $19.99 a month for? Thank you very much any information is much appreciated!
    As long as ur service provider doesnt give you a guota.

Does this service include Blackberry Messenger messaging or does Blackberry messenger messages count as a text? If I email to people is that considered a text?
    None of these are considered text.....all data

I understand the extra service does not include text but I would like to know what is considered text as well.
    Only SMS and MMS are considered text

Does this service also include submitting posting messages on Facebook or is that considered text?
    Going on Facebook is Data usage.
    04-11-08 01:52 PM
    Be careful about the IM client. I had a bad experience once with T-Mobile and my old 7290 BB where my AIM and Yahoo! IMs were really being sent as MMS messages...both sending AND receiving!

Incidentally, I now use Jivetalk, which is awesome! Data only.
    04-13-08 01:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD