Context: I initially did not intend to get a new phone, and so was happy (relatively) with a standard voice only phone. When I updated the plan I missed the insurance and so when the phone went swimming and never managed a full recovery I needed to do something. I did not think of the add a line approach so it looked like I was going to pay more than what I was willing for the phone or upgrade with mail and net for the BB. This seemed like a good idea so I went with it.

Well, the phone has some learning curve (pun intended) time attached to it. And, honestly if I had not found this site I am not sure how happy I would have been with it. But with the assistance here it has been a positive experience.

The phone software, compared to my reference (not fair I realize) laptop, is still a bit clunky. But, it is a phone not a computer we are talking about. It is way better than any PDA I had tried previously though. The web browsing is better than not having it but it is not great for some things. I do not thing there is a fix to it, as this is a screen size issue. For a phone this is great though and I think it will dramatically improve over time. The email function was a breeze to set up and the phone works flawless for me. It sync's well with the laptop and desktop so all cal's work nicely. Bluetooth works pretty well (though there is the annoying "searching for drivers" window in Vista that BB has not resolved).

Overall I would give the phone and process a 8/10 with 2 subtracted for difficulties with upgrading, and keeping things operational at times with downloads and settings. Once set and when not upgrading it is a wonderful device and I now wonder why I had not done this sooner.
    Last edited by drpietrzak; 11-06-08 at 10:07 AM.
    11-06-08 07:58 AM
    Its a great device, I agree, I have learned SO much from this site, Lord know, that lil basic stupid manual it comes with does not even come near to the things it can do etc, thats one thing I didnt like, Im glad I found this place, enjoy!
    11-06-08 08:02 AM
    Yea it's a great device and most people don't realize how much it can really do. It definitely has a learning curve for folks who normally use regular cell phones but once you learn the features and things it's tremendous.
    11-06-08 08:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD