I have the Curve 8330 and I am getting these weird text messages...the sender is a number (6633423) and the body of the text is a bunch of wierd letters and numbers it starts //BREW:0x103fcb:// then it goes on and on....help!!
    07-10-09 11:23 PM
    Weird, maybe you should call your carrier and see if they can help, or at least block the number.
    07-10-09 11:28 PM
    Did you have a phone that you got email on before? Like a non PDA/Blackberry Device? I have seen this on Verizon phones where I had mobile email then switched to a Blackberry. These messages you are getting are the alerts for the other device to alert you that you have a new email. Call your company and they can stop it.
    07-11-09 12:36 AM
    This used to happen to me when I had switched from the Samsung Rant to the 8330m. I actually had to have Sprint switch me back to my old phone temporarily so I could clear my email info out of the OZ Messaging/Email Application. Theres a lot of ppl whove had the same problem over in the SprintUsers.com forums
    07-11-09 02:45 AM

//BREW:0x103fc8b://SVAgICdTEAQAB+cfm7d+ytBMP7OIuzidyA7ws67XobYoFnDau6 bguzfOlTOQiDASsgiKjOecWPxY8qDY8DMBx3cmpz1XmyGYSN//VS

I'm having the same issue. This is my first BB device and everything is working fine, except I get this message about 8 times a day, which really runs up the text message count. Any help other than what is already listed? I tried blocking this number through the Verizon site but I'd need the area code which is not available.
    08-19-09 02:47 PM
    batt pull, and resend service books.
    08-19-09 03:02 PM

//BREW:0x103fc8b://SVAgICdTEAQAB+cfm7d+ytBMP7OIuzidyA7ws67XobYoFnDau6 bguzfOlTOQiDASsgiKjOecWPxY8qDY8DMBx3cmpz1XmyGYSN//VS

I'm having the same issue. This is my first BB device and everything is working fine, except I get this message about 8 times a day, which really runs up the text message count. Any help other than what is already listed? I tried blocking this number through the Verizon site but I'd need the area code which is not available.

you don't have unlimited texting on a BB? dangerous!
    08-19-09 03:05 PM
    I got those too when I first switched to my Curve. I think it says something about replying to the address in the message. Send a response, and I think it'll stop in a day or two. Worked for me anyway.
    08-19-09 03:05 PM
    Hey all I wanted to chime in on this incase it may help .. I worked at the Corporate office of US Cellular for 10 years and so I have a little background on this. It is still happening to me as of last night to be exact hehe. B.R.E.W. means Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless. BREW is a software platform that can download and run small programs for playing games, sending messages, sharing photos, etc. The main advantage of BREW platforms is that the application developers can easily port their applications between all devices. BREW acts between the application and the wireless device on-chip operating system in order to allow programmers to develop applications without needing to code for system interface or understand wireless applications. >>>> so in a nut shell it is from your provider it is a simply harmless text for a data update .. it used to be only for Qualcomm CDMA phones but since Qualcomm is one of the worlds largest Wireless phone manufacturers in the world.... almost every cell phone has parts from them in it. I hope this helps and you can call your Data tech support for this issue if its happening alot but they will also tell you its harmless. I know for those of you who pay for each text or only have a limited amount this may be a pain .. so good luck and i hope this helps in some way
    08-19-09 05:29 PM
    This is the problem and the fix.

Most likely you had a device that had mobile email on it or other application that required info to be delivered to that device. Usually non-smartphone or PDA.

You will need to call your carrier and have them remove the subscription that is causing from your account. I know with VZW we have a resource we can also get the messages stopped. Even at that it can take up to 24-48 hours for them stop.
    08-19-09 06:12 PM
    hahaha...the text messages are back. I have talked to Verizon 3-4 times. They say these don't even show up in my detailed billing info. I tried sending "stop" back and that didn't work. So, I tried the remove battery and re-activate using *228. I didn't get any of these texts for 2 days...now they're back. And, yeah, I don't have unlimited text because I primarily use email. Thanks for the tips, I'll eventually get this figured out.

FYI - My previous phone was an Alltel Delve with internet and personal email access, and Mspot radio. Perhaps it is the Mspot radio. Something to look into.
    08-21-09 10:14 AM
    I had a Delve too and this didn't happen until I let someone else use that phone. It's driving me crazy. I did not have the mspot radio but I did get email on that phone.
    09-23-09 03:14 PM
    Your carrier needs to be contacted to fix the problem. I went from a Env Touch with mobil e-mail to a BB Tour and had the same problem. CS turned my call over to a tech person who was able to fix it for me right away. It was a quick 5 min. fix for them.
    09-23-09 03:30 PM
    I had called my carrier about the problem with the texts and they didn't know how to help me. Thanks to these posts, I at least learned where they were coming from. Fortunately for me I had loaned my Delve to my son's girlfriend and told him to go delete my email accounts from that phone. I haven't gotten any weird texts since. I had 3 email accounts set up on that phone and all of the emails were going to that phone! Thank you all for your help!
    09-28-09 11:29 AM
    I have same phone and have got that same message over 50 times and trying to figure out how to get rid of it, off shore number and will cost a fortune if you reply
    10-04-09 12:49 PM
    that helped thanks great info
    10-04-09 12:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD