I was at the club dancing and had my blackberry in my pocket, a mistake I guess.

After I get off the dancefloor, I take my phone out of my pocket and its turned off. I turn it back on and it loads up and then the screen immediately goes black like a display timeout.

The phone is still turned on and whenever I plug it in, it will light up and I can move the trackball around the home screen but get no response when I click on any of the icons.

Eventually, the display will timeout and I'll have to plug it back in again.

Any idea?
    09-11-08 01:43 AM
    No clue. Did you pull the batt. Always a fix when mine does something weird.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-08 02:12 AM
    Was there maybe a troupe of those "fist pumpers" from DeeJais in Belmar, NJ dancing around you? They have been known to take out many a Blackberry screen with their wildly thrown air pumps. You wouldn't even notice it because they distract you with their whoot whooting as they go by.

09-11-08 04:45 AM
    Pulled the battery several times but still no luck.

Had the battery out all night and put it back in this morning and turned it on. I had a calendar notification up so it kept vibrating in intervals, but I could not get a response from clicking on any option in the box that popped up.

Don't know whats wrong?
    09-11-08 07:33 AM
    Was there maybe a troupe of those "fist pumpers" from DeeJais in Belmar, NJ dancing around you? They have been known to take out many a Blackberry screen with their wildly thrown air pumps. You wouldn't even notice it because they distract you with their whoot whooting as they go by.

LOL, either Deejais or Headliners (Belmar/Neptunes Border) has been know to have the man circle J3rk fist pump delight... If you have a blackberry please stay away from these places ur BB will def get F'ed up...
    09-11-08 09:36 AM
    bump.

i have been looking and am unable to find anyone with a similar problem...

should i just try to restore it like a dead BB?
    09-11-08 09:36 AM
    The device is almost acting as if it does not does recognize the keyboard. I was going to say the trackball as well but that cannot be because I can move the trackabll on my screen.

Thinking about installing the 4.5.0.66 os now as I do have an older version.

I'm stumped.
    09-11-08 02:25 PM

That's a classic....LOL
    09-11-08 03:25 PM
    installed new os...still nothing.

guess i'll have to bring it in to alltel, use a retro loaner for 3 months, and wait until they send me a new one.
    09-12-08 02:59 PM
    I took my phone into Alltel today and told them the problem.

Me- "My phone stopped working, it loads up and I can see that I am getting text messages and phone calls, but the trackball and keryboard both don't work."

Lady Worker- "Ohh, really? I've been working with these quite a bit so I have a few tricks that might work. Let me see it."

Five minutes later...

Lady Worker- "Hmmmm, now it won't even turn on?

Five minutes later she walks back out...

Lady Worker- "Did you drop this in water? See your battery? Looks different than this one."

Me - "Yeah, I did about 3 or 4 months ago, but it has been working since."

Lady Worker- "Well, sometimes the water will settle and dry and it will work fine. But then it will sink in even more and for whatever reason the phone will stop working. You need to call this # and file an insurance claim."

I proceed on home and call the insurance number only to find out the insurance is not on my phone. We have paperwork showing that we purchased insurance so I make a trip back up to the alltel store. I find out that the lady working forgot to activate the insurance when we bought it so the only thing I can do is pay for insurance now, use a crappy razr phone for a month, and then file an insurance claim. Meanwhile, this month I still have to pay for my blackberry data plan even though I have a razr that is incapable of such things as the blackberry obviously.

WOW, I was irate and still am irate.

This can't be right...
    09-12-08 11:10 PM
    Omg that's bad customer service. Since it was an alltell employees fault they should accomodate you accordingly. They shouldve activated your insurance and either allowed you to make the claim immediately or give you a free month of service for the screw up.

Atleast that's my opinion.

09-13-08 12:53 AM
    Omg that's bad customer service. Since it was an alltell employees fault they should accomodate you accordingly. They shouldve activated your insurance and either allowed you to make the claim immediately or give you a free month of service for the screw up.

I agree 100% with Joker

I used to work in Wireless sales, and this is exactly what I would do...

I'd march back over there and say exactly this:
    "WHY SHOULD I BE PENALIZED FOR SOMETHING I HAD NO CONTROL OVER!?!? IT'S YOUR FAULT THE INSURANCE WAS NOT PLACED ON MY PHONE AND I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF YOU WOULD KINDLY ISSUE ME A NEW DEVICE"

Then, to brew a lil bit of excitement, ask them for their District Manager's number (they HAVE to give it to you if you specifically request it). See what happens then!
    09-13-08 01:12 AM
    Does it matter that this is an authorized agent and not an "actual" Alltel store?
    09-13-08 04:50 PM

Oh, yes!! With all grace and decorum, but in a firm voice, you may want to remind them that this is THEIR error and not yours. YOU DO have insurance - but Alltel erred in not activating therefore (as any legal eagle will tell you) they own the liability. Acting as an agent of the insurance company they accepted the liability when they failed to activate your insurance. If they continue to grumble (as was noted earlier) ask for the District Manager's number and ask to borrow a phone so you can resolve this immediately. And, then, find out what color phone you want because you should be walking out with one. Keep us informed!
    09-13-08 05:55 PM
    that horrible. i would have to talk to someone over her. Or just add a new line of service.. get the phone for discounted price or even free. then disable that line when the phone comes..
    09-13-08 06:00 PM
    .... snip
    I proceed on home and call the insurance number only to find out the insurance is not on my phone. We have paperwork showing that we purchased insurance so I make a trip back up to the alltel store. I find out that the lady working forgot to activate the insurance when we bought it so the only thing I can do is pay for insurance now, use a crappy razr phone for a month, and then file an insurance claim. Meanwhile, this month I still have to pay for my blackberry data plan even though I have a razr that is incapable of such things as the blackberry obviously.

WOW, I was irate and still am irate.

This can't be right...
    And in the many months since you purchased the phone, you never took a glance at your bill and saw that you weren't paying for insurance all this time?
    09-13-08 06:02 PM
    I have been at college the past 4 months, mom looks at the bill and pays it...
    09-13-08 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD