That's a Facebook icon. Its indicating that u have new messages on ur facebook account. Did u sign up for that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-08 12:33 PM
    OMG I have had the facebook app on my phone for FOREVER and it has NEVER done that! Now I feel dumb.

Thank you!
    10-25-08 12:40 PM
    Lol that's funny :x. Ya that's facebook alright. I had the same thing happen to me and I was like damn it, where's it coming from! To get rid of it you have to open the facebook app and actually hit the blackberry button and click close so it closes the program

10-25-08 12:41 PM
    Can you turn them off?
    10-25-08 12:42 PM
    I'm not sure, I don't think you can though. Might be in the facebook options

10-25-08 12:55 PM
    You've got to be able to turn them off somehow cause I've never once gotten a facebook notification on my BB, and I just checked, I am logged in to it. The option is not in facebook options, I just looked, wanted to be sure mine was set to disabled!

One more reason I hate this ridiculous forced upon us facebook app.
    10-25-08 01:07 PM
    You've got to be able to turn them off somehow cause I've never once gotten a facebook notification on my BB, and I just checked, I am logged in to it. The option is not in facebook options, I just looked, wanted to be sure mine was set to disabled!

One more reason I hate this ridiculous forced upon us facebook app.
    i was wondering that. i have had the app forever and never has it alerted me to any new messages
    10-25-08 01:09 PM
    OK, in facebook options, there is a box you can check to "Leave email notification messages on mail server" I'm not smart enough to understand what that means, but I have it checked and I've never received a notification on my phone. Could this be it?
    10-25-08 01:09 PM
    i have NO clue what that means, i just have never received an alert, but i want them
    10-25-08 01:20 PM
    Maybe it has to do with what app version you have? I just got this phone a few days ago (after replacing the first one which that was only a week old too) and its been notifying me of msgs

10-25-08 01:30 PM
    i am running the version 1.2.0

and i just looked... it is the latest
    10-25-08 01:35 PM
    this might have helped... now all i have to do is wait for a message

BlackBerry Search Results
    10-25-08 01:47 PM
    To get the messeges you have to link your Berry addy to Facebook instead of like your hotmail account or whatever. This is how I fet alerts. Also you wanna make sure you set the option of 'Leave email notifications on Server' checked.

You can edit specifically which notifications you get on the website when you link up your berry.

10-25-08 05:44 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD