Few months ago I got a BB Curve 8310 from AT&T. I use it as phone/data device and my account is just for personal use, no enterprise packages.

I have a really weird problem that even AT&T can't believe it is happening.

My husband sent me an email from his Blackberry email address to mine. When I received the message the displayed name(the from name) was someone elses from my contact book but when I showed the email address it showed my husband'd email address. I have also noticed that the name that showed up was the last contact I entered in my address book and that contact does not even have an email address. I tried removing the contact and then his email name displays correctly. I have also tried removing the battery and still the same problem persist. This has happened at least 3 times so far with 3 different contacts. I don't get lots of emails on that address to notice it more often.

When I send emails to my husband's bb address he gets my emails Ok with the correct name and correct email address. We have checked his BB and everything seems to be working fine on that end.

I just want to mention that my husband has a lower model of BB and he uses the services of Rogers(Canada). He has had BB for at least 5 years and we have never seen this problem before.
    05-12-08 07:52 PM
    Does anyone else have the same problem as the one described above? Or I am the only one in the BB world with it?
    05-13-08 07:34 AM
    I have that problem when I forward msgs. It shows me the persons name as if I was forwarding the msg to them multiple times. The suggestion I have for you is make sure u back out of the phone book app. Meaning if you add a contact it usually stays on that persons name until u hit the back button to go to the top of the address book again. Try that and see if the email comes through with your husbands' email address.
    05-13-08 08:32 AM
    I've read about this same issue before, but I can't remember what the fix was. One thing to check is if you have the latest OS available for your BB.
    05-13-08 08:34 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I always make sure I get out of the address book when I add a contact. In fact I always do that in any of the other applications as well. I will see if the OS is the most up to date.
    05-13-08 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD