I have used Blackberry for a couple months and just today I started getting a black letter "D" symbol next to the checkmark in my sent text messages folder. Anybody have any idea what is ?
    09-25-08 10:36 PM
    It means your text was delivered

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-08 10:42 PM
    No. The checkmark means that it was delivered. There is a letter "D" only next to a couple sent texts.
    09-25-08 10:45 PM
    The checkmark means sent, the D obviously means delivered. Keep in mind the D will probably only show for texts within sprint/nextel, and some emails show the D for me. Whenever I text my brother or anyone on ATT, no D.
    09-25-08 10:46 PM
    the check means that the message was received by your carrier. the "D" shows that the text was received by the recipient's device. this will probably only show up next to texts sent to phones that use your provider. i have a verizon phone and will only get the "D" check mark next to texts sent to friends with verizon phones.
    09-25-08 10:46 PM
    Ist this a thread somewhere else also??

09-25-08 10:47 PM
    Yes I swear I see this topic in a new thread every day.

Anyways, to put my input. I receive the D regardless of who I've texted and what carrier they are on. Verizon, Tmobile, doesn't matter. But maybe only some carriers show it within their own services.

09-25-08 10:49 PM
    Thanks for help. I was just curious since i've had this phone for a while and that was the first time i've seen it. My bad it was already posted somewhere else...
    09-25-08 10:52 PM
    There are sms settings on your phone for this actually. Might have gotten activated recently.

09-25-08 10:59 PM
    I noticed this yesterday also, I have sprint, my sister has att. I sent her a few messages and the d popped up. Sent them to other friends and no D. So it can't be carrier specific.

09-25-08 11:48 PM
    I just started getting this D also, so I Googled and found this thread.

Since I have it on messages sent to my husband since yesterday, but not messages sent to his same phone (we're not just on the same service provider, but actually on a Family plan together) two days ago, I realized I probably did something when I was playing with my settings yesterday.

I found it: in Options > SMS Text, I turned "Delivery Reports" ON.

There ya go! That's what does it.
    12-10-08 01:55 PM

Since I have it on messages sent to my husband since yesterday, but not messages sent to his same phone (we're not just on the same service provider, but actually on a Family plan together) two days ago, I realized I probably did something when I was playing with my settings yesterday.

Your info says you have a pearl. I have a curve and the option you are referring to is not on my phone so I would gather that it's probably not on his either. I believe that it's just an OS thing on the curve... Mine didn't start happening until I upgraded to 4.5 a while back.
    12-10-08 07:02 PM
    I only get the D when I send from my yahoo account, but not AOL or my gmail account.

12-10-08 08:59 PM

I don't see that setting on my phone. Is this a carrier issue?

12-10-08 09:02 PM
    I don't see that setting on my phone. Is this a carrier issue?

Wow, a question nobody has a concrete answer to! Cats chasing dogs, mass hysteria!!!

Seriously--I have noticed it too, only with occasional emails---not texts. Not sure what it is.
    12-10-08 09:14 PM
    Wow, a question nobody has a concrete answer to! Cats chasing dogs, mass hysteria!!!

Seriously--I have noticed it too, only with occasional emails---not texts. Not sure what it is.
    Right same here. Only my yahoo does it. None of the others.

12-10-08 09:19 PM
    Well, inmy case, I only get the D as in delivered when I text another Verizon number. Wa the same with my Pearl. It's always been there before and after updates.
    12-10-08 09:39 PM
    Some carriers have the d to show that the message was recevied by the recipiant of the same carrier....my vzw to vzw show a d, but others dont, yet if I send other carriers a picture the d shows up
    12-10-08 10:27 PM
    you know what would be cool?! if the text 'D' turned into an 'R' once the message has been read, just like in BBM
    why hasn't anyone done that yet
    12-10-08 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD