I absolutely love my Curve but it's acting weird. I get the hourglass symbol on the screen about every second. It's so frequent that it looks like it's flashing the symbol. The only running programs are the phone, messages, BBM, home and browser. Whatever the issue is, it's KILLING my battery. Have anybody seen it before? The most recent changes to my phone have been the installation the facebook app and google maps 2.3.1. I haven't seen this issue with any other versions of google apps and I have a feeling that isn't the culprit but who knows. I just woke up one morning and the phone was doing this. Any suggestions?
    09-25-08 08:15 PM
    facebook could cause the lag on your phone and google maps could also try uninstalling them and see if it persists. also what is your file free under options/status
    09-25-08 08:17 PM
    From what i have seen in other posts about this, it might be facebook. If you do not use it, remove and see if it stops
    09-25-08 08:17 PM
    Yo Dog Have You Cleared Your Browser Of All Its Saved Items: Pushed Content, Cache, Ect..?
    09-25-08 08:22 PM
    Facebook did this to my phone as well.. Deleted it and dint have no problem after that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-08 08:30 PM
    Facebook runs perfect on mine, so does google maps.

09-25-08 08:47 PM
    Google maps uses cell tower triangulations to determine your location. When left running, it refreshes constantly based on your movements. This will drain your battery and kill the stability of your device. I stopped using GM for this very reason. Try uninstalling it.

09-25-08 08:56 PM
    It was facebook.. Actually Facebook was stopping all of the syncing of my emails.. I deleted the app and restarted my phone and got like 30 emails. Thanks to all who read and replied..
    Last edited by J_Uneek; 09-25-08 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Needed to..
    09-25-08 11:08 PM
    I wonder why some people can use facebook and have no problems? Could it be a specific to the os system? Any ideas?

09-25-08 11:17 PM
    Good thread. I was having these issues too.
    09-25-08 11:21 PM
    I've had the same problem twice and it was Facebook causing the issue. Which is weird b/c it was working fine for a while. I uninstalled in and re-installed it. It's working fine now so we shall see.
    09-26-08 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD