Hey all, If I just hit the T button on my curve, sometimes it goes to all the phone contacts starting with A - why would that be? It is very weird. Is the phone defective?
    Last edited by backdown00; 01-22-09 at 03:10 PM.
    01-22-09 03:05 PM
    Have you tried a soft reset or batt pull? Is home screen dialing enabled?
    01-22-09 03:08 PM
    Have you tried a soft reset or batt pull? Is home screen dialing enabled?
    When I hit a letter it just starts pulling up peoples names that start with that letter. Is that what home screen dialing is? I have not tried a battery pull, I will do that.
    01-22-09 03:10 PM
    if you hit a letter instead of a number, it will bring up everyone in your contact list that starts with that letter.
    01-22-09 03:12 PM
    That is what it is suppose to do.. If you press T it will pull all names with T

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Its part of the phones function. Hit a letter and it starts to look at the list to dial someone. You can disable this if you wish. Dial from home screen (yes or no)

Open the phone icon, click options>general options>dial from home screen.
    That is what home screen dialing is. With it, making calls is easier as you don't have to first press the phone key.

If you don't have any T entries in your phone book, it will usually default to A.

01-22-09 03:14 PM
    That is what it is suppose to do.. If you press T it will pull all names with T

That is what I suspected but in my case, I would hit T and randomly it would go to all names with A, other times it would actually go to the T entries.
    01-22-09 03:18 PM
    I believe that it beings up the "T" names if they are either first or last names. So Tom Jones and Bill Thompson would both pop on the screen.
    01-22-09 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD