I have used the weekday alarm function since I got my phone in January. Great alarm, never fails. Use the "notifier" sound. This morning, I awoke on my own, 30 minutes later than usual. Alarm did not go off. I checked, and the alarm setting was like it always was. The alarm will continue to sound once every minute until you press "dismiss", so I know I didn't miss hearing it. It would have gone off 30 different times.

Anyone ever have this happen before?
    07-15-09 08:23 AM
    Yup. Buggy OS does not care if it misses an alarm every once in a while. FML
    07-15-09 08:44 AM
    I did not realized until investigating that the alarm will continue to "go off" once every minute if you don't "dismiss" it. is this normal? I mean, I guess it is.
    07-15-09 08:51 AM
    this is shocking! i have never had a problem with the alarm on my curve.
    one of the reasons i returned the pre was cuz it was not reliable as an alarm clock!
    07-15-09 08:54 AM
    WOW..my alarm..which I use weekdays...didn't go off Mon or Tues this week! I was going off actually..but no sound! I checked all my settings, same! Then this am..it went off as usual. I dont get it..do curves have a mind of its own? I lost icons two weeks ago out of no where..reset the themes, and they were back each time..Goofy phone
    07-15-09 10:03 AM
    Its happened to me as well causing me to be late. A swift battery pull fixed the issue for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 10:07 AM
    Its happened to me as well causing me to be late. A swift battery pull fixed the issue for me.

It's happened to me too, a battery pull was the only way to fix it. I noticed it happening after receiving an MMS with sound. If I didn't play the message all the way I couldn't hear anyone on the phone but they could hear me. My alarm would also not make any sound.
    07-15-09 10:18 AM
    My alarm went off late today too.

I have it set to vibrate twice then do the annoying sound, the whole process takes all of 10 seconds. It vibrated once, waited a minute, vibrated again, waited a bit of time, then did the annoying sound 6 minutes after the designated alarm time. Then it was stuck on the spinny thing so I couldn't dismiss the alarm, had to do a battery pull.

Battery was fully charged, had been charging all night. The OS is up to date. Is this a battery issue or a memory issue or something else? Can't risk being late again.
    07-15-09 04:15 PM
    I keep my Pearl set to vibrate always. It is also my primary alarm clock to wake up in the morning. I have used it for a year like this without any problems. Yesterday the alarm vibrated instead of my normal escalating tone. I still woke up, so last night I just set the profile to normal instead of vibrate thinking that might help... the alarm never went off and I woke up an hour after my meeting had started. I'm going to try the battery pull, but I'm also just going to start using an alarm clock again, this phone cannot be relied upon.
    07-16-09 11:00 AM
    Bah mine does this every so often too. I missed my class on Tuesday because it didn't go off >.<
    07-16-09 01:09 PM
    You should be pulling your battery anyway. I say pull your battery whenever you remember and it won't happen again.

07-16-09 03:37 PM
    Mine has never missed an alarm. Battery pull once a day
    07-16-09 03:42 PM
    Mine has done this numerous times. It's bad enough that I can no longer rely on it.

07-17-09 05:47 PM
    I've been having the exact same problem with my weekday alarm (among a HOST of other weird problems). The screen lights up, but the alarm does not sound. Hasn't worked for about a week now.

The unreliability of my BB is now becoming a serious issue for me. Asides from the alarm, I've actually had my ringtone CHANGE on me a few times, and then reverts back to my selected one. Schedule reminders will show up when they want to. Sometimes, the fone will become SLOW, and will display the hourglass for several seconds, despite not having a lot of multimedia crap. The list is endless. My dumb green-and-black dot-matrix Motorola V60i was bulletproof in every way...the SOB lasted me 6 years until I dropped it for the 1000th time....unfair comparison, I know I know, but still, I just want this damn thing to WORK!!
    Last edited by Sierra117; 07-17-09 at 07:45 PM.
    07-17-09 07:42 PM
    Third day in a row that my weekday alarm will not go off. It has the option of snooze or dismiss, but no alarm goes off. I did a battery pull and that didn't help. The little bell icon is missing, but I can't figure out why or how it happened or even how to fix it.
    02-03-10 08:55 AM
    make sure that your active profile isn't set to "Off." i have the sinking suspicion that it turns the speaker off for all of the options on the phone, including the alarm. the same thing, where the screen would light up but my blackberry wouldn't make any noise or vibrate happened to me earlier this week, and i just tested it with the profile set to "Off" and again set to "Phone Only." Nothing happened in "Off" mode, but it was fine in "Phone Only."
    02-03-10 10:54 AM
    Never missed an alarm on my Sprint 8330 and at night I always have it in "Phone Only" mode
    02-03-10 01:40 PM
    Same here for my wife's phone. The alarm has worked for about 6 months, and then this past 2 weeks, nothing! NO alarm at all. We did a battery pull, tried all sorts of different settings and alarm sounds nothing.

time to call VZ for tech support, but I guarantee you they will say "Try pulling the batter." That is their answer for EVERYTHING! And once I tell them that I have already pulled the battery, they will tell me, "Well, try it one more time so that we can have it on our system." Whatever...I have NOT been impressed with the Storm, and we have had ours for about a year now.
    03-05-10 09:02 AM
    Its more than likely an OS issue... If you guys are running .175 ive heard that it is pretty buggy with sounds and alarms. I had .175 and it acted up once. A battery pull fixed it. I just updated to .186 and so far there have been no problems.
    03-05-10 09:10 AM
    Wow...thankfully I never had this problem as I use the phone as my "back-up alarm clock" to my internal clock. No matter how late of an evening (or morning) I automatically wake up at the same time everyday, give or take a few minutes, even when death seems to be upon me! LOL

There was one time that while the alarm was set for "Weekdays Only" it did sound on a Saturday. Not sure what caused it but it was only once and I was already awake!
    03-05-10 02:11 PM
    ive never had an alarm with my alarm on my phone...ive had it for about a year or so
    03-05-10 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD