I'm really at the end of my rope and I've never been this frustrated, hence, this long email. I purchased my BB 8330 in Jan. I originally setup my work email through thew wizard on the phone. It was so easy. Last Friday I got an email on my phone that suggested that I needed to update my password for my work email account.

When I arrived at work I logged on to my PC and my password seemed fine. I called my IS department and they said my password had not expired. I changed it anyway just to be on the safe side. I went to the Sprint-Blackberry server to update password and it wouldn't validate the email.

I called Sprint BB customer care and they couldn't get it to validate either. They then deleted the account and I have been back and forth from my IS dept. and Sprint to no avail on getting it to work.

When reading the BB Website- Help Solutions section, It suggest three reasons why the email I received (Action Required: Update Password) was sent. It suggested that it is possible that there could be a large 5M file that had been emailed to the work account. The other two suggestions were not pertinent. Sure enough a large file was sent to me the same time all this happened.

I deleted the file from my work PC but still can't get the webmail to validate. I'm using the correct username, password, mailbox name, and webmail address. If the Sprint BB Customer care would have said this first, I could have deleted the large email and I could have updated my password on the Sprint-Blackberry server. As mentioned above they deleted this email account from my phone and still cannot be validated yet.

As a last resort I called Sprint back tonight about my still open ticket and they want to upcharge 20.00 dollars for some kind of BES account. My question is Why? It worked before without having to do this. Any suggestions for a tired old man?

Thanks in Advance!
    03-28-09 12:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD