I downloaded weathereye this morning and my memory started falling, fast. Went from about 40 down to 28. Only other thing I did all day was install a new theme. I have multiple themes from this guy so I was sure weathereye was my culprit, sure enough, after deleting it my memory shot up to 43! Anyone else run into this issue?
    11-08-08 04:27 PM
    Hmmm weird I have used weather eye for 5-6 months now and have never seen a big drop like that...

IMO i don't think it is the app. what else you got running.?
    11-08-08 04:41 PM
    Yeah, I have to say I'm with yester on this. I have been using
    WeatherEye for months with no appreciable effect on memory
    at all. There might be another issue
    11-08-08 04:44 PM
    Don't know, I'm ocd about my memory, check it all the time.
    Couple of webpage apps (espn, mlb, nytimes, cb) etrade mobile pro, googel maps, and docs to go now. that's about it, like I said, ocd about my memory. I never saw it fall like that before.
    11-08-08 04:50 PM
    I've also been using WeatherEye for months with no drain. It must be something else....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-08 04:56 PM
    Yeah WE is a stable app as far as Im concerned, try it it again, lets experiment LOL

Ive had it for a long time now, no isses
    11-08-08 05:51 PM
    Ok, about 1 1/2 hour since I deleted WE and I've been stable at 42. It must have been the app..

Here we go, I'll try again.
    11-08-08 05:54 PM
    I have been using WeatherEye for awhile and i don't experience any ill effects from it...
    11-08-08 05:55 PM
    Maybe I missed something during set up? Anything I should look for?
    11-08-08 05:55 PM
    Ok, about 1 1/2 hour since I deleted WE and I've been stable at 42. It must have been the app..

Here we go, I'll try again.

Good, cuz I have nothing to do tonight, so Im voting you the guinea pig LOL

Actually, I just wanna see if it happens again to ya LOL i dont have an issue
    11-08-08 05:57 PM
    No, its pretty self explanatory, lemme look thru my options
    11-08-08 05:58 PM
    Not really, that is strange. Let me ask this on a whim, do you do a battery pull after you download a 3rd party application or theme? I always do this and am curious...
    11-08-08 05:58 PM
    Nope, all is ok, zip code, farenhight, display icon, and update every 30. The end.
    11-08-08 05:59 PM
    Not really, that is strange. Let me ask this on a whim, do you do a battery pull after you download a 3rd party application or theme? I always do this and am curious...
    No because I rarely download new apps, but I do a battery pull every week or so. I try to keep my berry tip top, like I said, ocd about it...

Ok, it's on again, I'll give it 20 or so and report back. Thanks guys.
    11-08-08 06:04 PM
    This is just me, when i run a new theme, after installation i get all the icons in order, than delete useless e-mails, SMS, clear browser cache, my event log is set to none already, then a battery pull, that's it...
    11-08-08 06:09 PM
    Ugh, I hate having to reorder my icons for every theme.
    Holding strong at 40 by the way, maybe it was a bad link last time?
    11-08-08 06:24 PM
    Hope it works out for ya, it should...
    11-08-08 06:25 PM
    Why'd ya change themes?
    11-08-08 06:25 PM
    This is just me, when i run a new theme, after installation i get all the icons in order
    Just reacting to this because I change often.
    11-08-08 06:29 PM
    Ahhhh, yeh, Im always on the look out but I think Ill stick with my theme and wallpaper for now, I love it
    11-08-08 06:33 PM
    I have noticed this too. I installed it one night did a battery pull & went to sleep when I woke up I had 0 file free. Now I randomly am losing memory like crazy since the install. I have to delete things all the time and do battery pulls all the time. I'm probably going back to using weather bug because I deleted WE for a day and my memory was fine.
    11-08-08 06:33 PM
    I have noticed this too. I installed it one night did a battery pull & went to sleep when I woke up I had 0 file free. Now I randomly am losing memory like crazy since the install. I have to delete things all the time and do battery pulls all the time. I'm probably going back to using weather bug because I deleted WE for a day and my memory was fine.
    If you had 0 file free, your berry would never turn on.
    11-08-08 06:34 PM
    If you had 0 file free, your berry would never turn on.
    not true. my berry was already on. i on bbm and all my conversations were gone. i went to check the status and it said File Free: 0 bytes. so it can be on w/ no file free. everything just starts deleting. so i just deleted more stuff i don't use that much and did a battery pull and it went back to normal. but it would still go back to 0 so i just got rid of the program.
    11-08-08 06:59 PM
    Ok, thanks for the info, news to me.
    11-08-08 08:07 PM
    Ugh, I hate having to reorder my icons for every theme.
    Holding strong at 40 by the way, maybe it was a bad link last time?
    I experienced the same behavior with cnn.com shortcut. Took several tries to download and when it finally did my memory went haywire. Deleted the shortcut and all was well
    11-08-08 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD