Hello All,

I'm near my computer for at least half the day and don't want my BB filling up with emails I've already read on my computer. Is there a way to temporarily turn off email reception on my BB?

Thanks so much,
    qwerrewq
    10-30-08 11:44 PM
    could turn off the radio? Other than that I dont know of a way.
    10-31-08 03:58 AM
    You could turn data services off. Go to the Manage Connections icon ( looks like an antenna) . Scroll to Mobile Network Options, press menu and you can turn data services off. I do this when I'm roaming to avoid any expensive roaming costs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-08 04:20 AM
    you got a couple easy options, both methods requires log into your BIS account (if u use BIS), and using filters.

1. if you DONT have any filters set up, it's easy. you have two options there. it says when no filters apply you can either forward or not forward mail to device. just select the option to not forward mail to your device.

2. if you DO have filters set up, just make a new filter. select the "TO" filter and enter your email associated to with your device. so whenever mail sent to that address, it wont forward to your device.

when you get your stuff fixed, you can jut remove the filter.
    10-31-08 06:17 AM
    Thanks so much. I don't use BIS, but I appreciate the response. The "turn data services off" does the job. Is that the same as turning off the radio?
    10-31-08 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD