I dropped my 8330 into a puddle a few weeks ago, fully submerged. Since then, it's dried out and will now turn on when I put the battery back in. The screen lights up and shows my custom wallpaper (which means the SD card, which went down with the phone, is working as well). However, the trackball and keypad don't function; I can't scroll or select to unlock my phone. The screen goes dark after a few seconds (as it would if no buttons were being pressed), lights up again when I plug in the charger, and goes dark again after a few seconds once the charger is in (again, as it would if it were completely inactive).

Now, I have some valuable information stored on my phone, mostly in memos. And as we all know, unfortunately, BB memos are not stored on the SD card.

I'm trying to find a way, via replacing/repairing parts, "hacking" softwares, remote access softwares for my Mac/PC, or any other brilliant idea you guys may have, to access the data stored on my device that doesn't exist on the SD card.

Like I said, I'm positive the software is still functioning, as I see my custom wallpaper when the phone starts up, as well as my default screen text with my name and contact info.

Any advice whatsoever would me much appreciated.

Thanks!
    02-27-11 12:46 PM
    Sync with outlook and then replace your berry.
    02-27-11 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD