Well, I upgraded to a BB Curve about three weeks ago, bought it at Bestbuy. The kid never offered insurance then. Well, my wife washed the phone! That was this past sunday. We immediately took the battery out and put the hairdryer on it, I know, since then I've heard that's bad! It dried the screen out and all. But I let it sit a couple of days without the battery. Put the battery back in and plugged up the charger. I get a red light like it is charging, but that's all. nothing else! Have I fried it? It's been 4 days! Will the rice trick still help?

Thanks,
    Gina
    03-27-09 09:29 AM
    Put it in a bag of dry rice for about 24 -48 hours!
    03-27-09 09:30 AM
    Well nevermind it might be too late! you should have NEVER put it to the hair dryer!!
    03-27-09 09:31 AM
    Rice trick might help ... but most likely there isn't much water in it after 4 days. Doesn't sound very promising though ... it might be toast ... Good luck
    03-27-09 09:33 AM
    Well nevermind it might be too late! you should have NEVER put it to the hair dryer!!
    Whats wrong with using a hairdryer? I'm going thru this situation myself but it hasnt been 24 hours yet of drying. How long does it normally take to dry.
    03-31-09 07:45 AM
    Whats wrong with using a hairdryer? I'm going thru this situation myself but it hasnt been 24 hours yet of drying. How long does it normally take to dry.
    I'm not to sure, but I have heard the rice trick works wonders.
    I wouldn't use a hair dryer on my BB because you can fry the insides up and then it will never work!
    03-31-09 08:12 AM
    The rice trick does work, i told someone to do it a few weeks ago and it worked for them too. As soon as the device gets wet, remove the battery and submerge the device in a bag of rice...
    03-31-09 08:15 AM
    The rice trick does work, i told someone to do it a few weeks ago and it worked for them too. As soon as the device gets wet, remove the battery and submerge the device in a bag of rice...
    It seems like some people would rather blow dry their phones with a hair dryer.
    03-31-09 08:30 AM
    rice works trust me im using my old pearl 8130 right now because i dropped my curver 8330 in water n its in a bowl of rice.. the pearl that im using also had worse water damage but after putting it in bowl of rice its the one im using right now
    04-01-09 09:28 AM
    I dropped my Pearl in a bucket of water. It was completely submerged for at least a minute. I immediately took out the battery. I did use a hair dryer and it worked fine. I opened the memory card slot and everything to help air flow. Used hair dryer on it for probably 45 minutes. Let it sit open over night and the next day it was fine. Never heard of the rice trick until reading it after that on this site.

Even though the hair dryer isn't recommended, dont beat yourself up over it, it did work for me. Good luck though, that must be frustrating!
    04-01-09 10:44 AM
    Hey guys I'm new to crackberry and I've gotta say that you guys are pretty informative. Thanks for the help for any future issues I hope I don't have. Crackberry is an awesome site. Once again thanks!!
    04-01-09 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD