Okay so i hav the curve 8310 and i dropped a few drops of water, and got some steam on it from my shower and all of a sudden my keypad wouldnt work. I tried blowdrying it and put it in the rice bag overnight but no results. The phone turns on normally and everything and even the keypad lights are on but when i get it on the buttons wont work! i can receive calls and everything works but i cant accept them because the buttons wont work. Please help. Leme know if i have any hope left or if the blackberrys gone for good. Please guys help me out. Thanks tc...
    03-02-09 12:10 PM
    These devices are really sensitive to moisture and humidity. You have tried the main things that would have helped the device, but my understanding is that it is hit or miss on whether the device will respond. Perhaps, if the water damage is not significant, even thought the moisture indicator in the phone may be tripped, the carrier will replace it. I am sure others have some ideas on how to possibly help this BB as well.

Good Luck!
    03-02-09 12:41 PM
    If the moisture indicator has changed color then U can forget any chance of getting it replaced for free by your carrier...
    03-02-09 01:36 PM
    I think you may have messed up. The guy who I call when I need a blackberry answer saved my blackberry when I got it wet. I got caught in a heavy rain and it was in my pocket. He said if you ever get it wet, turn it off. Leave it, battery out, propped up in front of a blow dryer for a very long time, sometimes even two days. Go in every few hours and shake the phone, to move around any drops hidding. DO NOT turn the phone back on until you are SURE it is COMPLETELY dry. He said that if you do, you can fry the circuits. It sounds like you may have fried some circuits. This worked on my phone and I know the guy knows what he is talking about. His mom dropper her phone in a bucket of red paint. She just went and bought a new one and was going to toss it. He took it apart and cleaned it, and is still using it today.
    03-02-09 02:32 PM
    Hope you had insurance...
    03-02-09 02:38 PM
    BBs shouldn't be in the bathroom when you are taking a shower, the high humidity will cause corrosion in the circuits and contacts, maybe not immediately, but down the road. You just accelerated the process by dripping water into it.

Best of luck to you.
    03-02-09 02:47 PM
    Thanks guy for the advice although I cant get it replaced by the carrier. I'll leave it in the rice bag 2nite nd if I have no results tomorrow I'll take to to a guy a know. Hopefully he'll fix it cuz i cant afford a new berry rite now...thnx anyways
    03-02-09 03:54 PM
    If the moisture indicator has changed color then U can forget any chance of getting it replaced for free by your carrier...
    I agree, Sprint was a PITA about water damage.
    03-02-09 04:02 PM
    Thanks guy for the advice although I cant get it replaced by the carrier. I'll leave it in the rice bag 2nite nd if I have no results tomorrow I'll take to to a guy a know. Hopefully he'll fix it cuz i cant afford a new berry rite now...thnx anyways
    If you have any of the little silica baggie things that come with food products, medicine bottles etc etc toss them in too - they absorb moisture as well and it wont hurt...... might help
    03-02-09 04:07 PM
    I've heard that a last ditch effort for water in electronics is to dunk it in 99% rubbing alcohol, it dissolves the water and dries faster. It goes without saying this could do some damage too and REMOVE the battery before trying it.

Remember I said LAST ditch attempt.
    03-02-09 04:09 PM
    Using any type of forced air can actuall push water farther into the nooks and crannies. A friend dropped her G1 in the toilet and I told her about the rice trick. She laughed, tried it, and 48 hours later it was as good as new.
    03-02-09 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD