Well, I have had my curve for just over a month.

I have dropped it 3 or 4 times on concrete or wood floors from it sitting on my lap.

But the one that hurts the most is when it fell off of the arm rest and into a tub of water I forgot I had put there. I was soaking my foot like 30 minutes before because I have plantar fasciitis and I just moved the tub to the side of the chair, when I heard my blackberry splash, I almost went into epileptic shock.

It was submerged for at least 3 seconds, I kind of froze when it happened so didn't get it out right away, took out battery, sim card, and set it all in a tub of rice for 24 hours, and what do you know, back to normal!

Or so I thought. Now whenever I go to charge it, it never recognizes that I'm trying to do so. I'm thinking it has to be something with the USB connection?

When I bring this into the store, is there anyway I can work around the fact I dropped it in water so warranty would take care of it and I wouldn't have to pay the $95 deductible to get a new one?

Thanks.
    07-03-08 09:10 AM
    Ah! That's horrible!! I fell so bad for you! I think your only option is going to be paying the deductible and getting a new one because when you do a warranty exchange they fix your "broken" phone to resell as refurbished. When they start to repair it they'll probably be able to see that water damage. I'm only guessing, so hopefully someone who works for one of the wireless companies or who has experience with this can give you a more concrete answer. Good luck!!!
    07-03-08 09:14 AM
    ATT will send you a new device as long as you return a the broken one within 2 weeks (I think) - they even send you a label for shipping. I have only had to warranty one phone (my Son dropped one in a puddle of melting snow) and ATT was great about it.........
    07-03-08 09:51 AM
    If your phone has any moisture damage at all you have to do an insurance claim...a warranty claim is only for manufacture defects...insurance is for liquid damage and physical damage... I work for a wireless provider as a sales person...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-08 10:00 AM
    Also I am very sorry that this happened to you...it always makes me so sad for people when accidents happen like that...it is such a sickening feeling...good luck

07-03-08 10:03 AM
    There are 2 or 3 white stickers that turn red or pink when they get wet. One is next to the battery and the others are inside and just because one hasn't changed doesn't mean the others haven't. If they are they will make you pay for it.
    That sucks though. Very sorry

07-03-08 10:09 AM
    thanks for the replies.

i guess it's off to file an insurance claim...damn plantar fasciitis
    07-03-08 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD