On Monday, I called ATT and requested an unlock code. The CSR told me that they didnt have my IMEI or the unlock code in their database(it is an ATT curve 8310) and that it would take them 3 to 5 business days to get it.

They requested my name and email address, which I gave them and the CSR said they'd email it to me... I'm still waiting on it even though it hasn't really been at the most 5 days yet..

I'm getting impatient, should I just give in and get one of those unlock codes off those web-sites?
    11-13-08 10:03 AM
    Wait it out. Why pay for something that your carrier has to give
    you for free.
    11-13-08 10:20 AM
    My paid-for unlock code took 10 days. The unlocking procedure has to go through a server at RIM whoever requests it and is then put into a queue.

You just have to hang in there.
    11-13-08 10:23 AM
    Thanks, guys.

I'll hang tough in there, hopefully it'll come through before the weekend!
    11-13-08 11:37 AM
    Thanks, guys.

I'll hang tough in there, hopefully it'll come through before the weekend!
    Best thing to do really, it's free and you went this long without the phone being unlocked, what's a few more days. Not like once it's unlock money start falling out of the sky or anything good like that!
    11-13-08 02:42 PM
    Best thing to do really, it's free and you went this long without the phone being unlocked, what's a few more days. Not like once it's unlock money start falling out of the sky or anything good like that!
    You guys are great! I'm a little grumpy now!

I just got an email from ATT with the subsidy unlock code, and they said in it that they could not find the unlock code for my ATT. Upon further inspection, it turns out that the CSR entered the wrong subsidy unlock code!

I'm going to call them now and see if maybe they can give it to me with the right one right away!
    11-13-08 04:27 PM
    Good idea. If they messed up they should make it right. I've done
    this on three phones and I never had to wait for an email.
    Usually I am of the phone and unlocked in 10 minutes or less.
    11-13-08 05:16 PM
    Good idea. If they messed up they should make it right. I've done
    this on three phones and I never had to wait for an email.
    Usually I am of the phone and unlocked in 10 minutes or less.
    They refused to release the unlock code, saying that I must have an account or show proof of purchase at one of their corporate locations.

I'm getting frustrated now.
    11-13-08 11:10 PM
    They refused to release the unlock code, saying that I must have an account or show proof of purchase at one of their corporate locations.

I'm getting frustrated now.
    If you have a friend that has an at&t account have them call for you.
    11-14-08 12:37 AM
    Well, I've decided to try my luck at one of those unlocking services, namely the GSM one. I've read some bad reviews re: those services but with the grief I've had and the fact that I'm desperately in need of a qwerty phone to replace my dying Nokia 9300, I decided just to take the chance.

I'm hoping they will come through for me. Being deaf and hating the relay services when it comes to having to call any type of CSR, I'll go for the convenient route.

I know, it's better to go free, but I really need this unlocked ASAFP.

GSM, whoever you are, come through for me! *grin*
    11-14-08 03:03 PM
    GSM came thru! I'm enjoying my now unlocked 8310!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-08 11:57 AM

11-15-08 12:10 PM
    from my experience, ATT usually has the codes and will give them to you right away. T-Mobile is the one that makes you wait a day or two by having the code sent to your e-mail. i know because i just unlocked two blackberry curves. 8310 from att and 8320 from t-mobile.
    11-15-08 12:11 PM

11-15-08 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD