Just need to vent..............

Well, I paid for it on Tuesday the 17th. Seller agreed in writing to overnight shipping. Didn't have any contact from him by Wed. the 18th. So I emailed him to ask for the tracking number.
    He didn't even generate the shipping label through Paypal till the 19th! Not sure if he shipped it that day though. And on top of that he sent it Priority 2-3 day shipping through USPS!!! WTF? Now I probably won't get it till MONDAY!

Man, once this phone gets here I am gonna rip this guy a new one on his feedback!
    Last edited by adambigge; 06-24-08 at 08:37 AM.
    06-20-08 03:41 PM
    That's the thing that sucks about buying online. And it seems there's really little recourse through (I'm assuming) Ebay. Is there a way you can dispute the overnight shipping charge?
    06-20-08 03:46 PM
    Meh, possibly. I really don't mind it taking so long, it is just that I was told it would be here the next day so I had it shipped to my work address (I work 24 hrs at a time) since the timetable he gave me would put me at work when it came in. Now I will have to pack my kids up on monday and drive across town to go get my phone. Just makes things really inconvenient.
    06-20-08 03:48 PM
    i ordered mine from AT&T yesterday at 2pm, and no joke it arrived at my house at 1:30pm today!(free shipping too)
    i love this thing!

im sorry to hear about your troubles with ebay, ive always had issues with the seller not gettin stuff out on time :\
    06-20-08 04:15 PM
    The wait will be worth it in the end I'm sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-08 05:03 PM
    Ebay/Craigslist has alway been slower that ordering from the provider store. I got mine from Verizon in two days. It's like getting your drivers license, when you get it you forget about the wait.
    06-20-08 09:18 PM
    Well here I am on Sunday sitting at work still without my curve that I paid for on Tuesday. That thing better get here tomorrow. I'm watching the movie "300" thinking of what I want to do to that guy for being so slow in shipping it to me when he promised "overnight" shipping. :angry:

06-22-08 10:19 PM
    i ordered mine from AT&T yesterday at 2pm, and no joke it arrived at my house at 1:30pm today!(free shipping too)
    i love this thing!

im sorry to hear about your troubles with ebay, ive always had issues with the seller not gettin stuff out on time :\
    eBay sellers are not required to ship right away. I had an issue like this and did some digging. They have 30 days from the time your payment is rec'd to ship your item. That totally sucks considering it doesn't take 30 days for them to rec' your money.
    06-22-08 10:26 PM
    That's the thing that sucks about buying online. And it seems there's really little recourse through (I'm assuming) Ebay. Is there a way you can dispute the overnight shipping charge?
    Once an auction has been won, the buyer should receive an invoice regarding how much is owed; including shipping. If that invoice did NOT have a price associated to overnight shipping, then you didnt pay for it; so there is nothing to dispute.

By sending the item 2-3 thru USPS, the seller did nothing wrong because thats what was stated in the actual auction details at the bottom of the page. Yes, it would have worked out great for you had it in fact been shipped overnight- but again, the seller did nothing wrong according to eBay.
    06-22-08 10:30 PM
    Well here I am on Sunday sitting at work still without my curve that I paid for on Tuesday. That thing better get here tomorrow. I'm watching the movie "300" thinking of what I want to do to that guy for being so slow in shipping it to me when he promised "overnight" shipping. :angry:

Meh, possibly. I really don't mind it taking so long, it is just that I was told it would be here the next day so I had it shipped to my work address (I work 24 hrs at a time) since the timetable he gave me would put me at work when it came in. Now I will have to pack my kids up on monday and drive across town to go get my phone. Just makes things really inconvenient.
    Did you pay for over night shipping?; which is more costly than the standard 2-3 days. Your post read as though the seller wronged you in some fashion. If you paid for overnight shipping, thats one thing. If you didnt, then getting yourself worked up for something you didnt pay for is doing you no good.
    Last edited by ScandaLeX; 06-22-08 at 10:36 PM.
    06-22-08 10:33 PM
    Actually I shot him a best offer and he countered with a higher price. A condition of me accepting the higher price was getting the 2-3 day shipping bumped up to overnight shipping. It was written in on the offer he sent me. Which I accepted. He failed to uphold his end so I am going to dispute the shipping cost. If he didn't want to pay the higher shipping cost he should not have made it a condition of the purchase in writing.
    Last edited by adambigge; 06-22-08 at 10:38 PM.
    06-22-08 10:34 PM
    Actually I shot him a best offer and he countered with a higher price. A condition of me accepting the higher price was getting the 2-3 day shipping bumped up to overnight shipping. It was written in on the offer he sent me. Which I accepted. He failed to uphold his end so I am going to dispute the shipping cost.

Again, did you PAY for overnight shipping?
    06-22-08 10:37 PM
    No. I PAID for standard shipping with a condition of the sale (he offered it through the eBay "counter offer system" in writing) being that he would upgrade to overnight shipping if I accepted immediately. He offered it in writing through eBay and listed it on the counter offer as being included if I accepted his higher price. HE did not uphold a written contract which by ebays rule is binding.

Last edited by adambigge; 06-22-08 at 10:45 PM.
    06-22-08 10:41 PM
    Maybe it's me, cause I'm not understanding. You admit that you paid for standard. I guess the point I'm trying to get you to see is that if you didnt pay for overnight shipping, then what is there to dispute? Had you paid for overnight and the seller didnt send it that way, then you'd have a valid dispute.

Once you became the official buyer, you were supposed to receive an invoice to your registered email address. Did that invoice say anything about over night shipping?
    06-22-08 10:47 PM
    Yes. The invoice stated I would receive overnight shipping. It was a condition of the sale. It was in writing.

Btw . I am an eBay seller as well so I know what sellers are and are not obligated to do. I know that if you make something a condition of your sale in writing then it is supposed to be adhered to.

Last edited by adambigge; 06-22-08 at 10:51 PM.
    06-22-08 10:48 PM
    The up side is that your phone is on the way. As I said before, maybe inconvenient for you, but on the way nonetheless. I've never sold anything on eBay; strictly a buyer.

When I bought my 1st Pearl, I asked the seller to amend my invoice so I could have it shipped overnight. I didnt care about the cost, I just wanted the phone in a hurry. I was told that items can only be shipped 2-3 days USPS. You seller at least generated the UPS label 2 days later; mine- it took filing a dispute with PayPal to get this character to ship it.

On another note- when a dispute is filed, PayPal will freeze the sellers account and there's nothing that can be done about that. Since you didnt pay for over night shipping, is it worth all that?
    06-22-08 10:59 PM
    No, I don't plan on filing with paypal right off the bat. That WOULD be a bit harsh. First I will contact him to let him know I am unhappy about his breach of contract. Usually this is all that is needed to open a dialogue and settle between individuals.

And it is most definitely worth pursuing since I will be loading up all my kids (3 under the age of 4, yikes!) to drive into and across town and pick it up at work on what should be my day off. that is a special kind of aggravation. If he had simply said he would be shipping 2-3 day it wouldn't be an issue because it would have been shipped to my home address. But he agreed to something else and I expect people to keep their word.

06-22-08 11:13 PM
    Btw. Thanks for letting me gripe and whine. It makes me feel better to get out all my hostility in a nonviolent manner.

06-22-08 11:21 PM
    Weeeeeeellllllllllllllllllll...

Still no curve today after packing my kids up and driving across town to check my work mail box. So I email the guy. I tell him I am getting worried about my phone not being here because he had agreed to send it out with "overnight" shipping and after 5 days still no curve.

In his defense, he volunteered to refund the shipping costs.

He also told me that it would ship first thing TOMORROW!!! Evidently there was some sort of defect with the phone I purchased (or so he says) and they had to send out for a replacement. Although he never felt the need to notify me of this little snag until I contacted him to find out where my purchase is.

So now I have at least 2 more days to wait for something I paid for nearly a week ago....
    06-23-08 06:10 PM
    That's why I hate buying anything online. Sometimes we have no choice, but I stll hate it. I feel your pain. I'd rather drive an hour and pay a little extra to get it in my grubby little hands, rather than to risk this type of frustration. Keep us posted.

06-23-08 08:01 PM
    See, now, I bought my Curve on Ebay, and had it in 24 hours, and that wasn`t with paying overnight shipping.

Sorry you got a bad seller.
    06-23-08 09:07 PM
    And the thing is I LOVE EBAY. I have never had an experience like this before on eBay. I have bought/sold everything from computers to Cars on eBay and this situation is a first for me.

06-23-08 09:17 PM
    Weeeeeeellllllllllllllllllll...

Still no curve today after packing my kids up and driving across town to check my work mail box. So I email the guy. I tell him I am getting worried about my phone not being here because he had agreed to send it out with "overnight" shipping and after 5 days still no curve.

In his defense, he volunteered to refund the shipping costs.

He also told me that it would ship first thing TOMORROW!!! Evidently there was some sort of defect with the phone I purchased (or so he says) and they had to send out for a replacement. Although he never felt the need to notify me of this little snag until I contacted him to find out where my purchase is.

So now I have at least 2 more days to wait for something I paid for nearly a week ago....
    So, even after the label was generated, you still didn't receive a tracking number? Also, in your 1st post, you said you "probably" wouldnt get it til Monday. Considering the 19th was on Thurs, you must have not excluded the weekend when you calculated the day it may be delivered.

This is where I'm also lost, he generated a label on the 19th, but still hadnt mailed the item; which would mean the label is no longer valid. I'm almost sure that he either would have had to mail it that day or get a new label for the day it actually leaves from wherever its at.
    06-23-08 10:23 PM
    It will be ok! You'll get it sooner than you think.
    06-23-08 10:26 PM
    I was going to use the "pre-owned" route but I ended up ordering my berry brand new from NewEgg.com. I buy most of my computer parts there so I had a past with them.

In the future though, I will buying my berry from this site! BOLD anyone?

Hope things work out with your order!
    06-23-08 10:30 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD