so, after a little hunting, i managed to find the OTA link for VCast SongId for the tour, and i figured, what the ****, i'll give it a shot. well, while some of the screens are a bit wonky, it does install, does run, does ID properly, and does send the SongId emails. free unlimited song taging anyone?

***had an ota link here, but the vzw page is giving a 404 error now hmmm
    i'll host one in a bit***

you can see from some of the screen shots what i mean by 'wonky'
    Last edited by else_where; 07-30-09 at 12:48 PM.
    07-30-09 12:37 PM
    okay.... new link http://elsewheredesign.com/bb/VcastSongID/songid.jad

kinda glad i grabbed it when i did

the verizon link seems to work again, so here it is as backup
    http://mobile.vzw.com/download/Vcast...our/songid.jad
    Last edited by else_where; 07-30-09 at 01:03 PM.
    07-30-09 12:54 PM
    thanks man!!
    07-30-09 12:55 PM
    They didn't get pushed to your phone by VZW?

And +1 for use of "wonky"
    07-30-09 12:59 PM
    unfortunately, no. the curve got no love, though this proves it will run on our 'old school' (lol) bb's. no api's limiting us getting it, just vzw trying to tempt us to go for the tour
    Last edited by else_where; 07-30-09 at 01:04 PM.
    07-30-09 01:01 PM
    Wow. I figured it was pushed to all VZW phones. Also surprised you want the app and didn't get it automatically - as opposed to the large number of people who got it and are P!$$ED!
    07-30-09 01:04 PM
    i've missed songid since i dumped my env for my curve.... thats why i jumped when i found the ota link for the tour version and figured i would give it a shot... so far, it's only truely available for the Storm and Tour, and no other versions for bb are listed on the Rocket Mobile website. i tried shazam but couldnt get used to paying for something that for so long i got for free
    07-30-09 01:08 PM
    It seems to work fine minus the crazy screens! Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 03:49 PM
    exactly, lol.... as long as it id's the song and sends me the reminder email so i know what i've tagged and for free, i'm good to go. i'm already tagging songs to buy them at some point. i refuse to pay for an app to get me a name to a song i hear.
    07-30-09 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD