I plan on buying a Curve 8330 from eBay and activating it on VZW August 1st because that is when the data plan fits into my budget. My question is do you think the price for Verizons Curve will decrease on eBay after the Niagara comes out? Right now I can get a refurbished one that looks brand new with everything for about $179. I am wondering if I should just buy the phone now so I can start playing around with it (haha even though it won't be activated until August.) Or if any of you think the eBay price will significantly decrease.

Thanks! Can't wait to be a BB owner eventually!
    05-27-09 09:25 PM
    Who knows what the market will bare. the choice is yours to buy or later.
    05-27-09 09:36 PM
    I don't think that you should but the phone yet...I do not think that the price
    Will go up...plus there is really not that much to do on it without being hooked
    Up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 09:42 PM
    go to Wal-Mart... Just bought a Curve for $8.88
    05-28-09 09:04 PM
    Very hard to say if the value will go down or remain the same. Just because something new came out doesnt always mean lower pricing for the old, especially since they are STILL in such demand.
    05-28-09 09:06 PM
    Personally I think you should wait to purchase it. With new devices coming out, it seems likely to me that the price may decrease. Even if it doesn't, you are guaranteed that the price won't go up!

05-28-09 09:09 PM
    Personally I think you should wait to purchase it. With new devices coming out, it seems likely to me that the price may decrease. Even if it doesn't, you are guaranteed that the price won't go up!

there are no guarantees in life...

and i know this is a terrible example but its true, when the newest iphone came out, the old one went UP in value for quite a while....

my $.02
    05-28-09 09:11 PM
    yeah, there's no way to know really what's gonna happen. Especially, not to know when the Tour will be out, don't count on it happening UNTIL it happens.
    05-28-09 09:15 PM
    I agree with the other posters that said you should wait. What if you buy now and two months down the road you go to activate and there is a problem? You'll probably be SOL at that point.
    05-28-09 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD