So I have this brand spanking new Blackberry Curve 8330, less than a month old.
    It's great!, I love it...I am addicted!

But, there is a problem...I text and email a lot.
    For some reason, it's slowing down a smidge.
    When I hit "SEND", it takes a while to head back to the inbox.

Im not that great at looking through my Blackberry for shortcuts and what not.

I do have a Sandisk 2GB card inside also.

I also try and delete all my old messages to clear up space.
    03-08-09 08:15 PM
    A re you closing apps properly by hitting the mneu key and selecting close? Hitting the back key and the enda call key leaves apps running in the background. How file free do you have? Options/about is where that info is located.
    03-08-09 08:22 PM
    have you done a battery pull.
    i usually do one every morning.

it keeps the berry fresh, lol
    03-08-09 08:22 PM
    I downloaded quick pull and anytime my 8330 slows down I just use quick pull and usually it works wonders to speed things up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 08:26 PM
    options>Status - what is the file free memory?

If you are a heavy texter delete all your texts to see what that does to the file free. If you are already doing that there are other things you can do IF its a memory issue. If its below 12mb then you have nailed down the issue..
    03-08-09 08:27 PM
    It says
    file free: 38951174 bytes
    03-08-09 08:38 PM
    Are you making sure that your pics are being saved to your memory card and not your device memory? Have you recently downloaded any apps or themes before it started running slower? If so maybe delete those to see if that helps.
    03-08-09 08:51 PM
    I downloaded Myspace, thats it.

Im still within the monthly limit with VZW, think I should talk to them?
    03-08-09 08:52 PM
    I just recently started having this problem too...plenty of memory, closing apps, memory card save pics, battery pulls, quickpull (which I don't think works....I really do not think it pulls daily)....anyway, I can't figure out what slowed things down. I used to be able to send reply open texts almost instantaniously.
    03-08-09 09:09 PM
    I just recently started having this problem too...plenty of memory, closing apps, memory card save pics, battery pulls, quickpull (which I don't think works....I really do not think it pulls daily)....anyway, I can't figure out what slowed things down. I used to be able to send reply open texts almost instantaniously.
    What third party apps are you running? Facebook, etc?
    03-08-09 09:17 PM
    Its odd because I have seen so many posts lately with this same issue and its rarely memory. If I remember correctly just about everyone was over 40mb free but had issues waiting for texts to send. I do know they were all on Verizon - why? I have no idea I just find it odd
    03-08-09 09:26 PM
    Its odd because I have seen so many posts lately with this same issue and its rarely memory. If I remember correctly just about everyone was over 40mb free but had issues waiting for texts to send. I do know they were all on Verizon - why? I have no idea I just find it odd
    Good call trem - something to do with how many SMS are in the in box. They have reported that once cleared out the slowness has seemed to vanish
    03-08-09 09:28 PM
    Nice well at least now folks can get it sorted out..... I had to go back and look at some old posts to confirm it was VZW each time and it seemed to be.... Hope it helps some folks....
    03-08-09 09:39 PM
    What third party apps are you running? Facebook, etc?
    No Facebook

I do have:
    BB Alerts
    MyFlashlight
    Quick Pull

File Free: 49988567 Bytes
    Verizon

All sent/received SMS, MMS, Emails deleted.

Thanks for trying to figure this out....
    03-09-09 11:15 AM
    I had this problem, as well. My Curve is also on VZW...deleting old texts clears the problem up for me, so give that a shot!
    03-09-09 11:29 AM
    same problem. they replaced it... worked for a couple weeks and then prob again. same thing they say

get rid of old txts/call logs/mms

do battery pulls

save pics to memory card

also on the main screen you can hold down

alt+ l,g,l,g this clears your log
    and dont forget about your internet cache. - go to your browser, options clear cache

and still with all this.. my phone sucks. blahhh

so does the fbook app

cant wait til 8/1!!!
    06-10-10 02:25 PM
    same problem. they replaced it... worked for a couple weeks and then prob again. same thing they say

get rid of old txts/call logs/mms

do battery pulls

save pics to memory card

also on the main screen you can hold down

alt+ l,g,l,g this clears your log
    and dont forget about your internet cache. - go to your browser, options clear cache

and still with all this.. my phone sucks. blahhh

so does the fbook app

cant wait til 8/1!!!
    06-10-10 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD