Is there any way to make the video go full screen when you choose the option to go full screen?? Or is there another video app that can do this?? (ie youtube vidsz)
    05-22-08 11:38 PM
    YouTube streams the small videos. Go to m.vtap.com and get the High videos... they will be full screen.
    05-22-08 11:49 PM
    I think the question still remains. Is there software that will fill up the screen with the small youtube video files. Perhaps these's an app that can replace the default player and zoom in on the video?
    05-30-08 05:53 PM
    No, the question doesn't still remain. The video is encoded and streamed to your Curve at less then 320x240. If you want to fill the screen, you need to encode and convert the video to full screen resolution. That's what the m.vtap.com site can do for you on the fly. If you try to stream the full screen video from that site, you'll notice that it pauses all the time. This is why the videos are encoded at a smaller resolution to begin with. Smaller resolution means smaller file size, means quicker to stream/transfer at cellular speeds, means no skipping.
    05-30-08 07:34 PM
    The question still remains. Just kidding. Thought it was funny.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-08 10:23 PM
    No, the question doesn't still remain. The video is encoded and streamed to your Curve at less then 320x240. If you want to fill the screen, you need to encode and convert the video to full screen resolution. That's what the m.vtap.com site can do for you on the fly. If you try to stream the full screen video from that site, you'll notice that it pauses all the time. This is why the videos are encoded at a smaller resolution to begin with. Smaller resolution means smaller file size, means quicker to stream/transfer at cellular speeds, means no skipping.

LOL!.. i love the very blunt honest response thats the best..
    05-31-08 10:35 AM
    The physical size of the video has nothing to do with how it's encoded, it has to do with how the video player scales the video. You can have a 160x120 video scaled up to 320x240, the video player just needs to have that capability. I think that's what the OP is asking, why won't the BB video player scale up lower resolution videos to fill the screen? I have the same issue -- it's simply stupid to not have that basic option.
    05-31-08 02:17 PM
    why won't the BB video player scale up lower resolution videos to fill the screen?
    Because it would be blurry as frack. 160x120 at YouTube quality will look like crud if scaled out. Trust me, I've done it... it's unwatchable.
    06-01-08 01:47 AM
    I tried vtap and it wont work with my 8330. Youtube works fine, but I can get this site to work any thoughts?
    06-01-08 02:42 AM
    To give you a nice answer.... No, there are no third party video players for the BB at this time.

06-01-08 03:02 AM
    No, there are no third party video players for the BB at this time.
    Not entirely correct. Software Review: xPlayer BlackBerry Entertainment Solution | CrackBerry.com
    06-01-08 12:28 PM
    I stand corrected.
    06-01-08 08:37 PM
    The question still remains. Just kidding. Thought it was funny.

Hilarious! Geeze!
    06-03-08 08:02 AM
    I tried vtap and it wont work with my 8330. Youtube works fine, but I can get this site to work any thoughts?
    Vtap works great on my 8330. I'm not sure what's the deal with yours. It's certainly not full screen like we would want. It's the same size as the YouTube videos. At least the ones I've tried.
    06-03-08 08:18 AM
    Vtap works great on my 8330. I'm not sure what's the deal with yours. It's certainly not full screen like we would want. It's the same size as the YouTube videos. At least the ones I've tried.
    m.vtap.com gives you 3 options on the download size. Low, Medium, High. The High version is full screen and can be streamed, but it's laggy if it's a large file. Of course, for very large videos on High you can use OM4.1 and download each file to your Media Card for viewing rather then stream. The Medium size however can be streamed and while not fully filling the screen, it is bigger then what YouTube streams at. Hope this helps.
    06-03-08 09:27 AM
    To give you a nice answer.... No, there are no third party video players for the BB at this time.

Thanks for answering my question. So much for the local thugs...
    06-04-08 08:23 AM
    Does anyone know if there is a way to make xplayer the default player? I ask because I am using Orb to stream to my BB and I would like to full screen the videos from it. Xplayer looks like the only way to do so, but the browser uses the BB player whenever it opens the stream.
    06-04-08 12:55 PM
    From what I've seen the Bold will play youtube in true full screen but it also come with a much nicer display (higher resolution).
    06-04-08 01:25 PM
    There is also the youtube player that is FREE from App world and works very well, you can sign in and get your Fav's work with Wi-Fi or cell. It is just called "player for youtube"
    06-04-11 06:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD