Castro - Thanks for the post it worked perfectly. My issues was a little different, my browser would time out on trying to open the "Get VZ Navigator!" page. After @ 30 minuets on the phone with support they had to open a trouble ticket. I should have looked here first.
    Fantastic dude......glad it worked for you. The NAV is TOP NOTCH. Well worth the $10......

Enjoy
    05-29-08 11:40 PM
    I use google maps as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-08 11:48 PM
    I downloaded VZ Navigator fine, but have problems getting it to actually direct me to where i want to go. About half the time, it will work and the other half ot will tell me to exit and try again. Any thoughts on this?
    08-08-08 12:57 PM
    I downloaded VZ Navigator fine, but have problems getting it to actually direct me to where i want to go. About half the time, it will work and the other half ot will tell me to exit and try again. Any thoughts on this?

I have never had that problem, it has alwasy been spot on.
    08-08-08 01:21 PM
    i haven't had that issue either. i use vz nav all the time and i love it. maybe it's a phone issue? try a battery pull or check your memory.
    08-08-08 01:36 PM
    Thank YOU I hear again how much Verizon SUCKS
    philb - send me an MMS - oh wait - you can't. Enough said.
    08-08-08 01:47 PM
    Now that is funny as He!!
    08-08-08 01:50 PM
    Now that is funny as He!!
    lol! i would hate not having mms on my bb! i do hope that we get the updated vz nav soon. i had it on my env and it's great!
    08-08-08 01:52 PM
    U can just download Google Maps...its has GPS built in
    Except that the GPS chip in the VZW 8330 is locked to use VZNav only.

08-08-08 02:40 PM
    Except that the GPS chip in the VZW 8330 is locked to use VZNav only.

google maps seems to work fine though. i guess it uses the cell towers instead? but i use both vz nav and google maps!
    08-08-08 04:14 PM
    I've only has VZnav for a week and I've had no problems. The discussion on paying for the service is so old it pathetic.
    08-08-08 09:20 PM
    i have had vznav from day one of having the curve and love it it works great i wounder what OS they are running when having problems i bet not the official verzion 4.3 just a guess
    08-08-08 10:01 PM
    let me get your phone number, and I'll be glad to... just gotta do it through e-mail... a slight inconvenience, but I use/like having GPS on my phone better

Once again google maps works great and is GPS.
    Google maps will work on a verizon curve, but won't use the GPS for location, just uses tower triangulation, sorry to burst your bubble...
    08-08-08 10:30 PM
    google maps/vz nav both use cell tower triangulation
    08-08-08 11:33 PM
    I love vznav! Have never had 1 issue with it! I love verizon and all there products!

08-09-08 12:57 AM
    *their

08-09-08 12:58 AM
    Google maps does, but VZNav does not.
    08-09-08 02:04 AM
    yes, vz nav does lol.
    08-09-08 02:12 AM
    yes, vz nav does lol.
    I just want to make sure I am clear on this.

Are you saying that VZNav ues tower traiangulation instead of GPS?

Becuase what I am saying is Google maps uses the tower triangulation and GPS is used for VZNav.
    08-09-08 03:59 AM
    yes, vz nav does lol.
    VZNav uses aGPS, which, in simplified form leverages GPS data provided by local cell towers to assist with obtaining a fix for the internal GPS.

Cell tower triangulation is different, and is what GMaps uses to obtain a fairly inaccurate location. VZNav can locate my position within a couple of meters; Google Maps shows me about 1.7Km away from my true location.
    08-09-08 08:06 AM
    I use google maps with the keychain GPS puck and it's scary accurate to the back bedroom of my house.

Anyway, I'm a niche market onto myself -- I need it to find ME, the native Chicagoan, when I'm walking around the drunken cow layout called Boston. One daren't ask a New Englander directions because one gets 10 "best ways" to get somewhere and it's always a geographic hokey pokey. VZNav didn't work too well for me in this instance, but then again, I did not have it on the crackberry but one of their "studip" phones.

Meg
    08-09-08 08:49 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD