I downloaded Vymail (already a youmail user) and it doesnt seem to be working. I called my phone and lft a few msgs but nothing happend in the vymail app?

I entered my # and pin under options on vymail... now what do I do?
    01-16-09 09:48 AM
    Did you change your voicemail number on your phone?
    01-16-09 09:54 AM
    Do you mean my you mail #? As far as i know youmail is working fine.
    01-16-09 09:55 AM
    What do you mean exactly when you say its not working?
    01-16-09 10:55 AM
    Well.. I downloaded the vymail app and i have the icon om my BB. I clicked on the icon and opened it and then went to options and plugged in my # and pin then i called a few times and left myself voicemails and I got a new vm indication but when i tried to veiw my msgs thru vymail the inbox remains empty.
    01-16-09 11:28 AM
    What i mean by changing your voicemail number is when you go through the setup for vymail to work you have to change the number that your phone uses to get those voicemails. there should have been a setup process that you went through to change this, if not i'd say delete it reinstall it and go the the process again
    01-16-09 11:32 AM
    What i mean by changing your voicemail number is when you go through the setup for vymail to work you have to change the number that your phone uses to get those voicemails. there should have been a setup process that you went through to change this, if not i'd say delete it reinstall it and go the the process again

I'll do that.. thanks .. I dont recall there bein a setup. It just installed and an icon appeared. In the option screen do I need to put the voicemail #there instead of my actual cell #?
    Last edited by Private Dirt; 01-16-09 at 11:38 AM.
    01-16-09 11:34 AM
    I give up... it still isnt working. Thats usually how it goes for me
    01-16-09 11:47 AM
    I'll do that.. thanks .. I dont recall there bein a setup. It just installed and an icon appeared. In the option screen do I need to put the voicemail #there instead of my actual cell #?
    When you set it up, it tells you to change the voicemail number by hitting the send button then go to options and then voicemail and it gives you the number to put in there. i dont remeber the number off the top of my head since i just switched from my curve to the bold. I'll see if i can't dig up the number and see if that fixes it
    01-16-09 12:02 PM
    I had to use the older version for it to work on my curve, but up and running now.
    01-16-09 12:08 PM
    When you set it up, it tells you to change the voicemail number by hitting the send button then go to options and then voicemail and it gives you the number to put in there. i dont remeber the number off the top of my head since i just switched from my curve to the bold. I'll see if i can't dig up the number and see if that fixes it
    It didnt direct me to do any of that. I downloaded and the icon appeared with an envelope w/ a bubble remark on it and that was it.
    01-16-09 12:11 PM
    Okay try unistalling it and then download it again and see if it doesn't give the set up. This all happened on the website when I first setup my account.
    Last edited by addict83; 01-16-09 at 12:26 PM.
    01-16-09 12:12 PM
    Did the reinstall and this time it said "reboot to complete installation" so I rebooted and it did the same thing, just an icon appeared.

Sync now
    options
    about
    close

thats what pops up when i hit the menu button once in vymail
    01-16-09 12:27 PM
    go to this website YouMail ) Voicemail You Love and set up the account thats where the setup will take place
    01-16-09 12:33 PM
    go to this website YouMail ) Voicemail You Love and set up the account thats where the setup will take place
    Oh i have had a youmail account for some time now. thts why i dont understand why it isnt working. I did everything the Joekrill site said to do so I guess its my luck getting in the way of it working.
    01-16-09 12:38 PM
    When you are entering your phone number and pin in the VyMail options screen, make sure you are not holding down the ALT key. The 2 fields are already number locked and do not need to have the ALT depressed. This is a little more common error in the PIN field.
    01-16-09 12:52 PM
    Again, I had the exact same thing happening, i believe it had to do with the version, install the older beta and it worked fine.
    OTA or DM
    Last edited by denningb; 01-16-09 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Fixed links
    01-16-09 01:03 PM
    yea, i had the same thing goin on with mine...i was rackin my brain...i went into the vymail app n changed the connection type to BIS rather than auto plus re-entered my pin n then all my vmails loaded [not before my phone gave me an error msg sayin the program wasn't responding]...on the youmail website i couldnt find any references to the vymail service neither...good luck
    01-16-09 01:52 PM
    FYI,

I was having the same issues. Had a youmail account already. After installing vymail and then changing connection from auto to BIS it worked.

Strange.
    07-12-09 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD