This problem started yesterday afternoon. It first started with some popping/clicking while I'm on the phone, followed by audio cutting in and out. I couldn't hear the caller and the caller couldn't hear me. I noticed the volume was automatically adjusting itself, going from say medium to high, medium to high during this time I couldn't hear the caller. I tried a battery pull which didn't work, but it seemed to fix itself afterwards.

It happened again late last night. The volume adjusts itself and I could barely have phone calls on the phone since the audio keeps cutting in and out. This is not a reception problem. I tested out the speaker by playing music through the speaker (and also through the handset) and the music doesn't break up at all.

Any help...please?
    04-20-08 11:52 AM
    The problem is inconsistent. Sometimes I could be on the phone for a few seconds without problems but sometimes it starts off with the problem and I have to hang up.

The problem persists...so I'm just gonna bump this once.
    04-22-08 05:56 PM
    In case anyone has the knowledge to help, I discovered a clue that might help.

After I tried making a call, I went to my music player. I played a song but no music was coming out. Strangely, when I hit the BB key, both options to activate the speaker phone or handset was present, though it's usually just one or the other.

Also, I tried taking calls via speaker phone, but the device automatically shuts that off and switches back to the handset.

I've been looking for repair services in my area but was hoping to get some input from the forums. Thanks!
    04-23-08 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD