Is there anyway to turn off the feature that puts a new 'text' message when a new voicemail arrives. I think the VM notification symbol is suffice. I hate going and deleting the 'Voice Mail' from my message list all the time.

Thank you in advance.
    02-12-09 07:48 AM
    Yeah, I'd like to know how to also
    02-12-09 08:11 AM
    I have the same problem. It started after I installed the textforward program.
    02-12-09 09:15 AM
    Just login to your account at youmail.com from your PC, go to "My account" in the upper right hand corner, and then select "my alerts".
    02-12-09 09:38 AM
    It can not be disabled on CDMA BBs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 09:39 AM
    By unchecking the text options under My Alerts, I haven't received a text regarding those calls.
    02-12-09 09:55 AM
    While that may work with 3rd party VM apps (youmail for example), it will not work with carrier based VM.

I'm not sure if you can call your carrier and have them turn it off in their systems. But, you cannot disable from the phone or via the web.
    02-12-09 09:59 AM
    Youmail was the app in question, and this notification can be deleted via their website.
    02-12-09 10:02 AM
    Hmmmm.... no reference to youmail in OP's question?!?!?!
    02-12-09 10:09 AM
    I guess that's what I get for playing around with greetings on youmail while playing around on crackberry, as well.

That being said, you can do away with receiving a text message if you sign up for a youmail account! Sheesh, gotta do something to get the egg off my face.
    02-12-09 10:14 AM
    Hmmmm.... no reference to youmail in OP's question?!?!?!
    Nope... no reference at all in there to YouMail...
    02-12-09 10:14 AM
    I guess that's what I get for playing around with greetings on youmail while playing around on crackberry, as well.

That being said, you can do away with receiving a text message if you sign up for a youmail account! Sheesh, gotta do something to get the egg off my face.
    LOL - no biggie Multi-tasking crosstalk!

I was reading the forums here once and doing work email at the same time. I actually typed my work email in the post window and posted it here

I had to quickly go and edit the post!!!
    02-12-09 10:22 AM
    Yeah, I would lov e to use youmail but sprint charges you for fowarding ($.20 per forward!!!!!). One of the few downfalls I have with Sprint...

02-12-09 10:42 AM
    Youmail is one of those apps that you either really love or, you really hate. I don't like it. I love the concept, but not the way Youmail does it.

I'd like to see VZ offer an app that uses the carrier VM box - of course it would suck and they'd charge $9.99 a month for it
    02-12-09 11:04 AM
    Is there anyway to turn off the feature that puts a new 'text' message when a new voicemail arrives. I think the VM notification symbol is suffice. I hate going and deleting the 'Voice Mail' from my message list all the time.

Thank you in advance.
    Go into your phone screen, Menu > Options > Call Logging > set message list to None.

I also have my SMS and emails separated, not sure if this has to be set or not but I don't think it does. The phone instructions should solve your issue.

Hope this helps
    02-12-09 09:24 PM
    Go into your phone screen, Menu > Options > Call Logging > set message list to None.

I also have my SMS and emails separated, not sure if this has to be set or not but I don't think it does. The phone instructions should solve your issue.

Hope this helps
    If you read my previous post you will see that it can not be disabled on CDMA BBs.

02-12-09 11:12 PM
    Thanks, all. I guess I should've mentioned I'm on the Sprint network. Oh well....I can live with it. At least Sprint has 4.5 and MMS now, so it's not all bad.
    02-13-09 12:21 PM
    It drives me crazy. I wish I could stop it, too. But somebody thinks its a good idea.

I would like to find that person and leave them lots of vm's....

02-13-09 01:08 PM
    If you read my previous post you will see that it can not be disabled on CDMA BBs.

Well that's interesting. My GF has VZW 8330 and disabling it the way I described works on hers. Hmmm...
    02-13-09 01:08 PM
    I have it set to "NONE" and mailboxes separate... still get the text message.

Someone told me that you can call Verizon and ask them to disable the text message. I haven't done that yet. But, may do it.. just to see if it will work!
    02-13-09 01:19 PM
    I called twice. Was told it was a "feature.". Posted the question here, all the replies said I was stuck with it.

02-13-09 01:26 PM
    I have an 8310 on AT&T. I upgraded my OS to 4.5 yesterday, and now I get the text message saying I have a voicemail. Three days ago when I had the older OS, I did not. So I don't think this has anything to do with the carrier, I think it's a setting in the phone.

I found this thread because I am searching for a way to disable the 'voice mail text message' too. I'll report if I figure it out, but I'd love someone to chime in and help if they already know the actual answer.

I also don't think it's an actual text message sent to the phone that we're seeing. I think it's the phone giving us an additional notification (as well as the icon) that there's a vm.
    Last edited by heavylee; 02-20-09 at 12:45 PM.
    02-20-09 12:40 PM
    Hi heavylee ~

See my post #15 on page one of this thread... This should solve your issue.

welcome to the addiction.
    02-20-09 12:48 PM
    Hi heavylee ~

See my post #15 on page one of this thread... This should solve your issue.

welcome to the addiction.
    Thanks for replying. My selection is already set to none, and it doesn't fix the problem. Further, I think what that setting does is display your call log in the Messages screen. Whereas, for me, a message on the Messages screen is displayed when a voicemail is new.
    02-20-09 12:50 PM
    OK, got it. Here's another setting since you already have that one selected...
    click on your Call Log icon, press the menu key > Options > Call Logging > set to None > escape out and save and you should be all set.
    02-20-09 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD