hello again guys and galls, i have another issue with my curve. the voicemail icon comes on randomly (it works when i do have one, but it also stays on sometimes after i delete the messages)

also sometimes i turn on my phone and its randomly on. i check the voice messages and as soon as it says "you have no messages in your voice mail box... main menu" the icon goes away.

sometimes its there sometimes not, but about 80% of the time when its there i dont have any messages, yet i have to call it just to get the icon to go away so i know when i really do have a message.

any input? thanks

Alex
    06-05-08 02:24 PM
    The same with my fiances curve. You need to run app loader on it. If you call tech they would have you do that if their troubleshooting didn't work
    06-05-08 02:31 PM
    app loader?

sorry im not up to speed, but what is that and where can i find it?
    06-05-08 02:33 PM
    I too am curious to hear a "fix" for this. It was a constant problem on my 8830 and has happened a few times on my 8330.
    06-05-08 02:48 PM
    Sorry for the obvious question -

Did you try the ever-popular battery pull?
    06-05-08 03:10 PM
    nope.. with the phone on or off you mean?
    06-05-08 03:20 PM
    bump to this thread...

turned on my phone this morning and had another false voicemail icon. its starting to get annoying.
    06-10-08 11:22 PM
    you, or a friend needs to call your phone, let it goto VM and leave one. Then, check your voicemail and delete it.. the network should send the clear icon signal and refresh it on your phone. Works every time for me..

Ryan
    mssca likes this.
    06-10-08 11:32 PM
    you, or a friend needs to call your phone, let it goto VM and leave one. Then, check your voicemail and delete it.. the network should send the clear icon signal and refresh it on your phone. Works every time for me..

Ryan
    thanks but heres the thing:

i had a voicemail yesterday. i listened to it and deleted it. today i wake up no issues. i turn off the phone to get on a plane and when i arrive i turn it back on and theres the voicemail icon again!

deleting messages doesnt do anything. i have to call it and just let it tell me i have no messages to get the icon to go away..
    06-10-08 11:51 PM
    hmm.. interesting...
    06-12-08 05:45 PM
    A simple battery pull should take care of it.

While the phone is on, remove your battery for about 30 seconds then put it back in. The icon should go away. I am surprised only one person suggested this. "when in doubt, pull out"
    06-12-08 05:58 PM
    take out the battery while the phone is ON..?

if you say so lol i dont see how it would help or what it would do but ill try it.
    06-12-08 10:28 PM
    I think I had the icon stay once and I went into voicemail and use * to transmit to the VM system that I was all done using it rather than pressing the end key. That resulted in clearing the icon. I have also noticed that in the messages app sometimes a new VM message didn't get marked as read even though it is not bold as if it were marked as unread. In those cases left over icons disappeared after clicking on the message in the messages app.
    06-13-08 02:24 AM
    So did the battery pull work?
    06-13-08 02:35 AM
    I have this same problem on occasion, I found the only way to get rid of it sometimes is to call and leave a message and delete it. I have the problem sometimes also when I do a battery pull, when it boots back up, the icon appears.
    06-13-08 01:40 PM
    Same here, I pulled the battery with the phone on and didn't worked...
    06-13-08 04:07 PM
    I have just called my carrier and asked to reset my VM and after I hanged the icon was gone...
    06-13-08 05:09 PM

Ryan
    I had the stuck new voicemail icon today and this worked for me.
    08-11-08 05:17 PM
    yeah that works but im not down for doing that everytime this happens.. haha
    08-17-08 04:17 PM
    If you keep getting the stuck VM indicator after listening to all your VMs, then you may not be exiting the VM system properly. With sprint for example you press * to exit the system from the main menu. I know on my BB and even regular cell phones I have on occasions had the VM indicator stick if I didn't exit the system in that way. So its possible that for some carriers or more particular some customers possibly even more specific finicky with certain devices that the clear icon signal is not being sent unless properly exiting VM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-08 10:52 PM
    Had the same problem. I called myself and left a voicemail. Called and deleted it, extited the system with *, and the icon is gone. This could be a real PITA if it happens a lot.
    08-18-08 09:52 AM
    never had this issue until i upgraded to OS4.5 with my TMO 8320 . Maybe its just a small bug that hasnt been worked out yet.
    08-18-08 10:14 AM
    My curve also has the problem with the voicemail icon staying on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-08 06:24 PM
    how about if the envelope icon gets stuck (email) and you have read everything and it won't go away? I have tried the battery pull and it did not help.
    08-18-08 09:35 PM
    on a kinda related note, do any of the themes offer a LARGER voicemail icon?? I mean the one i barely can see near the top of the screen is micro-SCOP-ically small!
    08-18-08 11:51 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD