Ok, I have searched and read the other posts on crackberry.com.

I have a voicemail indicator showing up on my screen, no voice meassges.

I also have a asterick on my mailbox for the att.blackberry mailbox, but no messages.

I have done battery pulls, I have listened to voicemails, checked the message boxes.

From my last experience with AT&T and them telling me to wipe my berry (lol) I am not willing to call them because they have no idea what they are doing.

All they do is follow some protocol or read from some manuscript, I might get lucky and actually get someone who knows what to do... but, more not than so.

Is there anything to do, or is there something I should say to them. It also mentioned on the site that all they (AT&T) have to do is a voicemail reset. What is that?

I will tell them that I refuse to wipe my Blackberry. I know it is not an issue of needing to be wiped.

I have read somewhere in here that it is on their (AT&T) side and that a message did not get deleted. Or, that after listening to a message one just hung up without deleting it or saving it. I do that all the time and never have had an issue.

OK, now, why would I have an asterick next to my att.blackberry inbox if there is no message.

I have checked for hidden messages, I have looked for not answered phone calls or missed calls...

I am at a loss.

Refuse to call AT&T

msblueline
    04-21-08 03:12 AM
    If you are using a theme from an unlocked vendor, change the theme back to your normal theme before you call your carrier (I did not).

It might just answer your question.

The theme I was using was the Vodafone today theme. I kept telling her it is a voicemail icon. It has a voice box, with a small little box and an asterick.

Well, 2 resets (battery pulls) and 20 minutes later I changed back to the normal AT&T theme... the icon changed to a smiley face with an asterick... OOPS, it was a messenger icon, not a voicemail icon.

Lessons we learn.

SO, if you see something that shouldn't be there and it is, change to a normal theme you are used to and see if the icon changes.

msblueline
    04-21-08 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD