Can anyone suggest voice recording software for the Curve? I want to dictate patient consultation notes and save them on my Curve for later transcription. Emailing them as MP3s would be an option but not a necessity. Thanks.
    07-29-08 08:35 AM
    When OS 4.5 is finally released by Rogers then there will be a voice record function available from the desktop.

The release of OS 4.5 will be free and has already been released by some carriers. There is a Sticky Thread at tthe top of this forum that contains a link to another carriers download site.

There are also a number of threads on CrackBerry explaining how to download, backup and install this software.

Most people have few or no problems with the new OS while others have hit trouble. I suggest that you search and read before going ahead with the upgrade.
    07-29-08 08:43 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Voice notes is a feature of the updated BlackBerry Operating System, v4.5.

There is no indication when Rogers will support the new OS, but it is available from other carriers.
    07-29-08 08:45 AM
    When OS 4.5 is finally released by Rogers then there will be a voice record function available from the desktop.

The release of OS 4.5 will be free and has already been released by some carriers. There is a Sticky Thread at tthe top of this forum that contains a link to another carriers download site.

There are also a number of threads on CrackBerry explaining how to download, backup and install this software.

Most people have few or no problems with the new OS while others have hit trouble. I suggest that you search and read before going ahead with the upgrade.
    Thanks. Any recommended 3rd party apps?
    07-29-08 08:50 AM
    Thanks. Any recommended 3rd party apps?
    I have not tried this software but I had a look on the CrackBerry store and I found this. It has a trial period so you can try it first VR+: Record your voice, Email and Share in Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Blogger.com - Entertainment BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store.

I hope that this helps.
    07-29-08 08:56 AM
    Thanks. Saw that link in my searches of the forums, but was wondering if anyone had experience with these apps.
    07-29-08 09:19 AM
    Iuse the VR+ software and have had excellent success with it. Allows me to record all my meetings or noteable events at one click of the assignable function keys on the berry. The formats are AMR or WAV. I use the wav format for higher quality recordings and compatibility as I share those files.

The software was purchaced through handango, and the customer service was very good.

I reccomend it as a good solution to anyone seeking a voice recording program on their berries.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-08 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD