I have the new OS up and running but the voice recorder does not seem to be working. I record a message, try and play the messange and nothing happens but every time the count or file # goes up. Under view voice notes is just says "no voice notes" What to do?

I just tried the video recorder and when I try it it just says "failed to start recording".

The media card has 335.3 mb of free space available and the music that is on the card will play.
    Last edited by Gottagetone; 10-30-08 at 05:16 PM.
    10-30-08 05:05 PM
    Looks like the mic is not working, I just tried to use the speakerphone and the party on the other end could not hear me, Help.
    10-30-08 06:03 PM
    I have run the app loader and updated and still nothing, no voice recorder, no video recorder, and no speakerphone....Any suggestions?
    10-30-08 06:51 PM
    Bueler? Bueler?
    10-30-08 09:47 PM
    If not already tried then try a battery pull. If that doesn't work I would try master reset after doing a back up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-08 01:14 AM
    does your phone say that you have the new OS? go to options/about
    10-31-08 01:25 AM
    If not already tried then try a battery pull. If that doesn't work I would try master reset after doing a back up.

I have done the pull and that did not work.

does your phone say that you have the new OS? go to options/about

Yes I have the new OS.
    10-31-08 09:34 AM
    I just did a master reset using the wipe function on the phone. The phone reset to the new os when I hooked it to the DM using a usb cable, this process took about 20 minutes, and I still have the same problems.?. WTH?
    10-31-08 10:29 AM
    Maybe a defective device
    10-31-08 10:38 AM
    The device worked great up until the time I did the OS update.
    10-31-08 10:43 AM
    May be a problem with the OS - could have been corrupted during the Download. Try uninstalling the OS you have and downloading a new copy. It's been known to happen. Also, you can try to use crackmem to install the new copy, I've heard it does a good job.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/

10-31-08 11:16 AM
    You just made me check mine. It worked. I had different problems after the up grade.
    10-31-08 01:10 PM
    Try the recorder after enabling Voice Dialing. Sounds crazy but that was required of me yesterday before I could here voicemail or phone calls.

10-31-08 01:51 PM
    Thanks but initializing the voice dial did not work. I have updated, wiped from the phone, re-updated with another download, and still dont have voice recorder, video recorder, or speakerphone. Anyone Else have a suggestion?
    10-31-08 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD