At risk of being shot at, now that I have my shiny new Curve, I was wondering if there is

a). any software or
    b). any plans to incorporate into to OS a way of reading SMS and email messages over the earpiece, speaker or bluetooth headset.

I was driving with my headset on and an email came it - a new experience for me. Of course I wanted to know what was in it. I finally stopped the car and read the email. From this, my request was born.

If this is a Real Dumb Question then please just tell me.
    04-15-08 02:47 PM
    Hi

RIM is working on voice to text applications (see link) but I have not heard of the reverse - text to voice.

RIM, voice-to-text, and fixed-mobile convergence | BlackBerry Cool
    04-15-08 03:13 PM
    Thanks,

The 'other' reason I want is that my son, the world's greatest tech freak and multi-language website developer has a Windows Mobile thingy that already does it. Well, I mean, me too, I gotta.
    04-15-08 03:36 PM
    Yeah, you gotta keep up! LOL

There is a lot of work going on in this field so it is only a matter of time I suppose.
    04-15-08 03:40 PM
    I'd use it!!! Hate getting a message that I can't safely check

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-08 03:41 PM
    This may be a while coming from RIM. I have begun to use the voice dialer and the quality of phonebook-to-speech is not good on the BB.
    Last edited by Pete6; 04-15-08 at 04:24 PM.
    04-15-08 04:22 PM
    Yeah, you gotta keep up! LOL

There is a lot of work going on in this field so it is only a matter of time I suppose.
    This gets harder each year. He is 24 and I am 62. He called me today with a problem on PC. I was soooo happy to be able to tell the little b*****r (well he is 6' 1) something.
    04-15-08 04:26 PM
    There is already a 3rd party application called Jott that will allow you to COMPOSE an email by voice but it does not read incoming emails. Good product but I thought what good is it if it can't read emails to you first so that you can reply to them by voice. You still have to stop the car to read the email before you can use Jott to voice your reply..... Oh well...at least it is a start so our wish can't be too far from becoming a reality
    04-15-08 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD